Nintendo - NEW PRICING models - with Wii Sports and Wii Fit,

General and high profile video game topics.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 18th, 2013, 7:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKarLyJQiXk&feature=youtu.be&t=17m50s

Wii Fit

- One month free trial of Wii Fit U, if you have bought the previous entries. The downloading begins on November 1st in EU and NA. Japan will get to start a day ealier though as they can download on October 31.
- Can use it for month though, as after that it's useless. If you purchase a Fit Meter, you will be able to continue to play. Fit meter is $19.99

Wii Sports Club

- There is now also online multiplayer, which was a request from the fans apparently.
- You are playing as a registered member of a club. This can be state or regional.
- There will be communication by special made Miiverse functions. Face off friendly with club members or defeat other clubs.
- The software serves as a hub, from which you can select the sports. You have to purchase all the sports seperately though.
- Available for download on November 7, 2013 in Europe and NA. October 30 in Japan. Tennis and Bowling will be available from the software's launch.
- Single sports pass (Club Pass in NA) will set you back €9.99/£8.99/$9.99/1000 Yen. This allows you to purchase a sport at your own leisure.
- There is also a day pass, which sets you back €1.99/£1.79/$1.99/200 Yen. This gives you unlimited access to the sports for 24 hours.
- Wii Sports Club is available to play for free in the first 24 hours.

Really love the customer loyalty -- giving you free take at the game, a whole MONTH preview of Wii Fit, and being able to pay a small price for Wii Sports U (which ever game you are interested in playing) and then enjoy it with online multiplayer from thence forth.

This is exciting, I can dig this.

Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » September 18th, 2013, 9:19 pm

I'm confused. My favorite Wii games, Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort, are now microtransactions on the Wii U?  

ZetaX1

Postby ZetaX1 » September 18th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Not making me more interested in a Wii U.  Glad I have real, physical copies of the games on the Wii.  Surprised (sort of) that you're all excited about this, Steer. 

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » September 19th, 2013, 2:13 am

for Wii Fit I think this is a bad move on Nintendo's part (for Nintendo not customers). Most people who bought Wii Fit quickly found the game sitting on the side of their console. I can't imagine how many people would be willing to buy the next incarnation when they can try it for a month and then forget about it.

Arg... I hate this new age "no disc" trend that has started going all over the place...

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 19th, 2013, 8:46 am

I'm confused steer.  Free to Play games are bad.  Microtransactions are bad.  EA, Sony, and MS offer Free to Play games and Microtransactions and they are bad.  Nintendo offers Free to Play games and Microtransactions, but Nintendo is good?

Wouldn't that be "Nintendo is bad"...that would allow you to stay consistent with your own logic.  Unless, of course, giving consumers a choice is considered a good thing, then it's good for everyone.  However, it's still bad for physical disk collectors.  (or those that want to snag good games at discounted prices).

Edward1

Postby Edward1 » September 19th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I am not a fan of this.  I am really sad that Nintendo is starting to go the microtransactions and DLC route.  I was hoping that the limited harddrive space of the Wii U would force Nintendo to stay disc based, but I was wrong.  I was ok with the Luigi DLC early this year because they also released it on a disc.   Whenever games are released online only, they have a limited shelf life.  You never know when you can't play it again.  I really hope they released these games on a disc.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » September 19th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Looks like more HD repackaging of old stuff. No new "Wii Sports" minigames ... meaning you're spending $50 to buy what was released with the original Wii back in 2006? $10 really isn't a good deal either, considering most Wii U owners probably already have Wii Sports from their original Wii.

*Snore.*

I can't imagine online multiplayer being a lot of fun. Wasn't the point of the Wii to get people playing together in the same room? (Anyone remember those Nintendoland ads?)

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » September 19th, 2013, 6:01 pm

I keep hearing 'Nintendo is like EA' - and, if that is true - then it stands to reason 'EA is like Nintendo'

So, I ask you, when you bought Madden 25 this year, were you, as a previous buyer of Madden, given the game FREE for a month trial, with an option then to pay $20 and own it outright? Plz, not even close.

This is good news - I am not a fan of 'digital only' but I recognize Nintendo has to change with the times and begin to price down in the direction of mobile. Sorry guys, the writing is on the wall. That DOES NOT mean a full move, or the end of physical, but they DO have to react.

This is also not the end all of Wii Sports on Wii U. I will be real money - $10 of eshop credit - to the first guy who wants the action -  that this revamp will see a physical release before a years time has passed from today. I also believe that Wii U will get its own full fledged Wii Sports in the future. This is a simple and wonderfully an option to play Wii Sports on Wii U with a revamped game and some great internet interaction, I think we should form a club here, and go represent this site for exposure over Nintendo Network. I am very very happy I am getting Wii Sports this year on Wii U, this is big news for me personally, and I will not poor mouth it or apologize for it....

I will also say it is very hypocritical of many of the proud 'multiconsole' owners here, after years of supporting online fees from MS and EA (and soon from Sony) to rip Nintendo for moving in a more online direction, after they have given so much money supporting these models on their competitors. I say, for myself, there are few games I buy in digital form, but I do not mind doing it for a 'select' group of VC games, a handful of (hopefully) decent eshop games, and for some Nintendo first party games I know I will never sell, and I know that will not drop in value soon on the store shelf. Now, games like Wonderful 101 or Sonic Lost Worlds - would NEVER buy digital, why should I? The market will not long support those games being at $60, and I know that.....

Irenicus1

Postby Irenicus1 » September 19th, 2013, 8:55 pm

[QUOTE=ActRaiser]I'm confused steer.  Free to Play games are bad.  Microtransactions are bad.  EA, Sony, and MS offer Free to Play games and Microtransactions and they are bad.  Nintendo offers Free to Play games and Microtransactions, but Nintendo is good?

Wouldn't that be "Nintendo is bad"...that would allow you to stay consistent with your own logic.  Unless, of course, giving consumers a choice is considered a good thing, then it's good for everyone.  However, it's still bad for physical disk collectors.  (or those that want to snag good games at discounted prices).

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I tend to agree with what you post, but this topic is like its from another poster. BTW is steer a nickname for Segatarious? Can I just call you Steer since Segatarious is a bit long? I don't really want to call you Sega, cause that might be confusing. You can call me Iren if you want.

Return to “Video Games General”