Potential NA Wii U owners - here is your bundle :

General and high profile video game topics.
Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » October 23rd, 2013, 8:59 am

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40761

Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

That is a great bundle, at a great price. New Luigi is fantastic, and if I were you I would also pick up Nintendoland, that has some real standout games, including multiplayer Zelda, Metroid, Luig's Mansion and the fantastic arcade Donkey Kong. $30 is a great price for that game.

Its a buyers markey guys, go take advantage, the software is top notch. See you on Miiverse!

(And Wii Sports U is coming soon! Also, when they show that game on Nintendo directs, it says 'digital version' on the bottom of the screen. There has been no official word yet, but I bet that game is in retail a MONTH after it launched digital.)

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 23rd, 2013, 10:47 am

Thanks for the post Sega...that's probably the one I'm gonna grab.  I agree, that it's a pretty sweet value.  Can't wait to get my hands on it.

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » October 23rd, 2013, 10:55 am

Yeah, I'm probably gonna buy this.  I still have a question for the VGC forum about the Zelda Wii U bundle, but I think I'll ask in another thread.  Thanks for the post, Sega.  That's $90 worth of games that Nintendo is bundling in with the system.  Excellent deal.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » October 23rd, 2013, 12:00 pm

Thanks

This is definitely the one I want. I hope it has a full fledged case like Nintendoland (Did the Zombie U pack-in?) did rather than a return to the cardboard sleeve that Nintendo used for Wii pack-ins. 

Having what's essentially a expansion pack for NSMBU on the same disc will be nice. 

Rev1

Postby Rev1 » October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm

I would have to agree and say this is the one I want to pick up. This is a much better deal then the other models.

NewModelArmy1

Postby NewModelArmy1 » October 23rd, 2013, 9:28 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=40761

Available in stores on Nov. 1, the Wii U Deluxe model will come with two games – New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U – all on one disc. The new configuration will sell at the low suggested retail price of $299.99, and replaces the existing Wii U Deluxe Set, which included Nintendo Land. For fans who want to experience the uproarious fun of Nintendo Land, the game can still be purchased separately in stores and as a download in the Nintendo eShop at a new low suggested retail price of $29.99, also beginning Nov. 1.

That is a great bundle, at a great price. New Luigi is fantastic, and if I were you I would also pick up Nintendoland, that has some real standout games, including multiplayer Zelda, Metroid, Luig's Mansion and the fantastic arcade Donkey Kong. $30 is a great price for that game.

Its a buyers markey guys, go take advantage, the software is top notch. See you on Miiverse!

(And Wii Sports U is coming soon! Also, when they show that game on Nintendo directs, it says 'digital version' on the bottom of the screen. There has been no official word yet, but I bet that game is in retail a MONTH after it launched digital.)

[/QUOTE]

Do you work for Nintendo? Btw, Nintendoland is terrible IMHO. So much so that they have to break out the seven year old Wii sports to help save the system.

Paul1231

Postby Paul1231 » October 24th, 2013, 10:27 am

I didn't like Nintendoland at first. But my kids love it, and after having them force me to play it with them a few times, and getting more of an opportunity to grasp each game, I have to say that I love it. The game changer was the Pikmin game. I would easily pay full price for that one, especially considering the hours of fun my two boys and I have had with it. I think Nintendo really went out of their way with that one...

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » October 28th, 2013, 10:57 pm

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/wii-sports-club/0/0

There is some nice info on Wii Sports Club - it is initially digital to get the games out faster, not simply to sell them on eshop first, and then release it. They are literally building one game at a time, and this is what is ready NOW. So this Christmas at least, you will play eshop or not at all...! But, if you have a WiiU, why not download it? The extra games show up for automatically  when they come, and you can try them out for 24 hours free. The game looks mighty fine, I do not think I will wait this one out....probably I will be day one.

Sounds like Golf will be next up after Tennis and Bowling.....

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » November 21st, 2013, 9:52 am

I'm going to buy the Wii U Bundle with the Mario/Luigi game for my son, who is turning 6. I'm pretty stoked about getting the bundle, since I've been following Nintendo since Donkey Kong and Popeye came out in the arcades.

A few questions:

1. I think it only comes with one controller, so I'll need to order another one at least. Any other non-game items I should get immediately? The more expensive stuff I can get in 2-3 months since Mario, which my son loves, should keep him busy for a while.

2. Is it better to order directly from Nintendo? From what I've read, there's some spat going on with Amazon and Nintendo, and the prices are higher at Amazon.

3. What other games are good for a soon to be 6 year old?

4. Any other suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

gleebergloben

Return to “Video Games General”