How do the mods know what gamnes I have played?

General and high profile video game topics.
pacguy191

Postby pacguy191 » July 3rd, 2014, 11:00 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]If you want to criticize me, please quote a specific example and I will respond in kind, so we have CONTEXT. This 'my perception is your reality' is really not worth my time, or the boards time. Mods need to disconnect from heir own biases when approving comments, that is the point I made here.[/QUOTE]
Challenge accepted.

[QUOTE=Segatarious]And that is the main difference - commitment to quality and consistency. The controls will be spot on and the gameplay will be the main feature. Not really a genre unto themselves, other companies do this, but they invariably do not have the size or talent that Nintendo has. The rest of the AAA industry is pretty well stagnant at this point, like most other forms of entertainment. Nintendo makes gaming unique because they still offer a clear choice and product differentiation, from a major player in the industry. Too many other companies just go for the lowest common denominator, and put out very predictable products.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Segatarious]
But that is they way they are. And then there is the kind, gentle Nintendo fan, who must praise Sony in MS in every post, so he knows he will fit in. They are the worst. Hard to have a true discussion when most of the board is brainwashed and hypocritical in their stances. If there is a company that does game play BETTER than Nintendo - why don't you name them Act Raiser? And if there is a AAA game out there with a truly compelling and well done sotry - in comparison to even an average movie - please name it. And I will tear it apart with no effort at all.  Watch Dogs was horrible too, the story is absolute trash. Sorry, but its true. Let's be adults and hold games up to an adult standard. Isn't that another false narrative - you have outgrown Nintendo, and now, at nearly 40 year old, you cling to childishly fanboy violent teenager games?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Segatarious]

As far as new IPs and fresh IP's Nintendo is the king of this. If you cannot stand Nintendo, I cannot imagine how stagnant the rest of the industry must be for you. You can go down Sony's IP list especially, and see all the imitation Nintendo games, right down to Sweet Tooth Smash Brothers.  When Nintendo revealed the new Zelda, it was exciting, because no one knew what the game would look like, and no one knew the setting, and no one yet knows what the controls will be. Where as with Ubisoft's Ass. Creed, it is exactly what you would expect, right down to the usual brutal murder of those in power with comic book stupid jumping, fighting, and out of time technology.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo's great, everyone else sucks. Constant hyperbole.

Learn to proofread.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » July 3rd, 2014, 11:23 pm

But that's just it! Why should we have to abide by YOUR rules? Some of us, at the end of a long day, aren't searching for in-depth debates, and some of us clearly don't have the time, or energy, that you do to write a detailed analysis! To many of us, it's fun to get together and praise certain aspects of gaming, talk about the past, speculate on the future, and criticize certain systems/games.

This is kind of embarrassing, eh? This is embarrassing, but a grown man getting banned from a site, and creating an alter ego to sneak back in isn't? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're really in no position to say anything is embarrassing. I expect that sort of behavior from a child.

And you totally make blanket statements all the time! For instance, what is that you call xbox fans? Xbots? Nope, not a blanket statement at all. How about calling them "manbros?"

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » July 3rd, 2014, 11:27 pm

In my opinion, if you criticize a game without having played it, you should only criticize the graphics, because you just won't know how it plays, even seeing videos. And, I know there were a lot of questions directed to Sega, none of which he/she has answered. But I'd like an answer on what non Nintendo games Sega likes. Heck, Sega could even play these on a Nintendo console, via the virtual console. Check out some of the Neo Geo and Turbo Grafx games.

Segatarious1

Postby Segatarious1 » July 4th, 2014, 7:44 am

[QUOTE=pacguy19][QUOTE=Segatarious]If you want to criticize me, please quote a specific example and I will respond in kind, so we have CONTEXT. This 'my perception is your reality' is really not worth my time, or the boards time. Mods need to disconnect from heir own biases when approving comments, that is the point I made here.[/QUOTE]
Challenge accepted.

[QUOTE=Segatarious]And that is the main difference - commitment to quality and consistency. The controls will be spot on and the gameplay will be the main feature. Not really a genre unto themselves, other companies do this, but they invariably do not have the size or talent that Nintendo has. The rest of the AAA industry is pretty well stagnant at this point, like most other forms of entertainment. Nintendo makes gaming unique because they still offer a clear choice and product differentiation, from a major player in the industry. Too many other companies just go for the lowest common denominator, and put out very predictable products.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Segatarious]
But that is they way they are. And then there is the kind, gentle Nintendo fan, who must praise Sony in MS in every post, so he knows he will fit in. They are the worst. Hard to have a true discussion when most of the board is brainwashed and hypocritical in their stances. If there is a company that does game play BETTER than Nintendo - why don't you name them Act Raiser? And if there is a AAA game out there with a truly compelling and well done sotry - in comparison to even an average movie - please name it. And I will tear it apart with no effort at all.  Watch Dogs was horrible too, the story is absolute trash. Sorry, but its true. Let's be adults and hold games up to an adult standard. Isn't that another false narrative - you have outgrown Nintendo, and now, at nearly 40 year old, you cling to childishly fanboy violent teenager games?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Segatarious]

As far as new IPs and fresh IP's Nintendo is the king of this. If you cannot stand Nintendo, I cannot imagine how stagnant the rest of the industry must be for you. You can go down Sony's IP list especially, and see all the imitation Nintendo games, right down to Sweet Tooth Smash Brothers.  When Nintendo revealed the new Zelda, it was exciting, because no one knew what the game would look like, and no one knew the setting, and no one yet knows what the controls will be. Where as with Ubisoft's Ass. Creed, it is exactly what you would expect, right down to the usual brutal murder of those in power with comic book stupid jumping, fighting, and out of time technology.[/QUOTE]
Nintendo's great, everyone else sucks. Constant hyperbole.

Learn to proofread.
[/QUOTE]

It is not hyperbole.

1. Game story's are terrible, by any grown up standard.
2.Games continually have immature and man child subject matter - can you deny it?
3. Sony does ripoff multiple Nintendo franchises.  PS All Stars, PS Move Sports, they have Kart Racers that follow the Mario Kart formula to a 'T', just not as well done.
4. All the Ass. Creeds are extremely similar to each other, and all feature hedonistic violence.

SO what is your complaint? Every thing I have said there can be easily argued. It is not hyperbole. Every year the same franchises get new games from Ubisoft and Activision and EA - where is the hyperbole? That is their strategy. Is the VGC's 'Jaded' topic hyperbole too?

scotland171

Postby scotland171 » July 4th, 2014, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=Segatarious]This post was not approved.

Reason - Opinions stated regarding anything not Nintendo or not played by the user will be considered likely inflammatory by the majority of the forum members.
That is really interesting. Who else is under this 'restriction' where they can only post on games that the mod thinks they have played? How do you know what games I have or have not player?

[/QUOTE]

I can understand if you feel singled out, but they key word is 'inflammatory'. Who wants an emotional 'my dad can beat up your dad' thread?

I think an opinion based on research and reasonable extrapolation is fine - do I have to play every Madden to even talk about it? Yet first hand experience is like actually travelling to a place. It adds to understanding gameplay, better memory, immersion, a committment to learning the controls or getting past initial sections, and if you bought it, then you begin playing wanting to like it or at least being curious and not dismissive. I think playing something on the real hardware is better than emulation or a virtual console, and playing something both back in the day and again years later adds to those factors.

I like SegaT and I look for his posts when I come on. I would prefer he start new threads when he has a strongly derailing post though. Then again, I derail threads too and think conversations should be allowed to find the fertile fields of thought, buts its frustrating if the original posters idea is just abandoned, or if we are plowing up the same depleted ground over and over.

To demonstrate my own derailing issues, I assert that the Justice Society is awesome, Carter Hall is the best hawkman, and Crisis on Two Earths a great DCAU movie on the other major parallel DC earth. Oh, and typing on a mobile device introduces more spelling errors than I usually catch.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » July 4th, 2014, 9:18 am

[QUOTE=scotland17][QUOTE=Segatarious]This post was not approved.

Reason - Opinions stated regarding anything not Nintendo or not played by the user will be considered likely inflammatory by the majority of the forum members.
That is really interesting. Who else is under this 'restriction' where they can only post on games that the mod thinks they have played? How do you know what games I have or have not player?

[/QUOTE] I can understand if you feel singled out, but they key word is 'inflammatory'... I like SegaT and I look for his posts when I come on. [/QUOTE]
I agree with both points. 

Sometimes I think Segatarious would be surprised to know that I like a lot of his posts a great deal.  I have also spoken to him in PM, and find him well thought out.  I also realize from his Miiverse posts and from racing him in Mario Kart that he is a pretty skilled gamer, who probably adores Nintendo because he really does dig really deeply into their games and systems and gets a ton out of it. 

I also understand how he feels singled out here.  Anyone who gets moderated in a unique way would feel that way. 

The problem is that, like I said earlier, he seems to be somewhat one-dimensional in his interests and experiences (on here; in real life I am sure he tons of depth and interests just like the rest of us).  When you are constantly banging the same note on the same drum, people get tired of hearing it. Saying you don't like Assassin's Creed the 700th time, while admitting it isn't something you have any interest in, and have not played, might make people respond with "Okay, got it; please stop talking about it so the rest of us can have a conversation about it."

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » July 4th, 2014, 10:30 am

He likes to post his obsessive fanboy trite Atarifever, there's no use in justifying it. :/

Weekend_Warrior1

Postby Weekend_Warrior1 » July 5th, 2014, 3:28 pm

[QUOTE=Segatarious]This is kind of embarrassing.

If you do not want to read hyperbole on this board, then please stop writing it! I respond with specific examples on specific games. I do not blanket over entire systems as some here are excusing me of doing. For example, the only comment I have ever written about The Last of Us is that its story is generic, and the praise it gets from the gaming press for its story is sad and over hyped. That's it - wow.

If you want to criticize me, please quote a specific example and I will respond in kind, so we have CONTEXT. This 'my perception is your reality' is really not worth my time, or the boards time. Mods need to disconnect from heir own biases when approving comments, that is the point I made here.[/QUOTE]So how are you familiar with the whole story if you haven't played it? Wouldn't that be like bashing a book without reading it? Judging a book by its cover??

The biggest problem with you and your posts is that you are clearly biased, and quite frankly your opinions don't carry much (or any) weight because you have no objectional opinion(s). The only games you have to compare your new Nintendo games to is older Nintendo games. You seem to have no real knowledge of the video game world as a whole because your whole life you've been playing on only one side of the fence! And that's fine if you are/were just uninformed, but the issue that people have is that you do seem well-informed but are just being plain ignorant. There's a big, beautiful world of gaming experiences out there and you are missing out on them because of your sheer ignorance. Doesn't that make you the least bit sad? If it doesn't, then maybe you don't love & appreciate video games, and the video game industry, as much as you think you do.

- The Warrior

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » July 5th, 2014, 3:56 pm

You talk about "Dudebro", but flesh out the same, unfunny Ass.Creed vitriol. Your humor comes straight out of a Captain Underpants issue.

Hardware firms borrow assets from their competition, it's called research and development, not 'ripping off'.

Sockpuppet's definition of Generic:

iPhone gameplay

Any third party developer

Return to “Video Games General”