Most Replayed Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby DaHeckIzDat1 » May 2nd, 2013, 9:38 am

I just read an article on IGN about people's most replayed games.  It made me wonder, what games have you replayed the most?  And I don't mean going back just to get achievements, I mean starting at the very beginning and going all the way to the end simply because you friggin' love the game.

Personally, Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II are those games for me.  I've played and beaten both of them at least 5 times, which is quite a lot for me.

Rev1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby Rev1 » May 3rd, 2013, 8:22 pm

For me the two most replayed games in my library are Earthbound (SNES) which I've beaten about 4 times... and believe it or not, Cool Borders 2 (PS1). I grew up playing that hundreds and hundreds of times. The intense competition mode where you not only race on tracks but perform tricks to determine your starting place in each race is exhilarating. It has one of the hardest hard modes of any games I have played that was still fair, yet insanely difficult to win. I have been striving to get a perfect on hard mode (first in all races) for like 15 years and I still haven't done it.... I love that game..

darkrage61

Most Replayed Games?

Postby darkrage61 » May 3rd, 2013, 9:23 pm

Most of the 3-D Sonic games got quite of replay from me.

rahimtx1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby rahimtx1 » May 3rd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Its been a long time since I replayed a game for the simple fact I really enjoyed the game. If I replay a game now and days it's because in all likely hood it has gotten erased from my hdd. With that being said I would have to go all the way back to the NES days, or when I used to go down to the local convenience store to play the arcade games. My list will only contain games I have actually beaten, because there are a lot other games I use to play over and over again that I could never quite finish. In any case here's my list of my most replayed games

NES
Rygar
Contra
Super Mario Bros 2
Tecmo & Super Tecmo Bowl
Bad News Baseball
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game
Monster Party

Arcade
Double Dragon
Black Tiger
Ka Ge Ki
Kung Fu

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Most Replayed Games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 3rd, 2013, 11:25 pm

Here are a few that my friends always insist upon:
Atari 5200 Baseball
Galaga 90 (T16)
Warlords (Atari 2600)
Twisted Metal (PS3)

Wallyworld1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby Wallyworld1 » May 4th, 2013, 12:27 am

I play games with my son a lot and we always end up playing some kind of sports game.

I know this game was hammered pretty bad the critic but we really play a lot of Test Drive: Eve of Destruction for Xbox. It's fun racing destruction derby for 2 players.

We also play of ton of Double Dribble (NES) and Super Tecmo Bowl (NES). I though it was strange we both like the NES version of Tecmo bowl better then the Genesis and SNES.

Honorable mentions..

Ring King
NBA Jam
Gran Turismo 5.

a1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby a1 » May 4th, 2013, 12:35 am

I've replayed Mario 64 more times than I can count. Got it when I was 8 and would play it again and again. Also played through it on the DS. I've also beaten Mario 1, 3 and World too many times to keep track of (I think I've only beaten Mario 2 once or twice, although I've played many times). But, while I've spent more time in the Mario series, I think the individual game crown might go to Sonic 3/Sonic 3 & Knuckles. We only had Sonic 3 first so I beat that short game a ton, then we we got Sonic and Knuckles I was even more addicted. I'd play it through probably a few times a year when I was in elementary through middle school, which dwindled, but I still probably beat it once a year.

And there are plenty of other games I've beaten or played a large portion of (despite having a huge backlog), repeatedly:

Resident Evil 4 (second playthrough really hooked me, plus playing with new weapons)
God of War
Sonic 2
Pokemon Red
Banjo Kazooie
Mega Man 2 and 3
Sonic Adventure
Halo
Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3
Spyro 1-3
Super Smash Bros
Super Street Fighter 2 (I always play on the mode where you fight everyone, and once I got better at the game put it on the hardest difficulty)
Super Mario Land 2
Ocarina of time

Those are just off the top of my head. Most of my most replayed games are from the NES and Genesis, with a few N64 games thrown in. Those are the systems I grew up with so it makes sense. Also, I can still pick up and beat a 2d game in a sitting. I don't feel like I have the time to beat most 3d games multiple times anymore.

Sut1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby Sut1 » May 4th, 2013, 2:29 pm

I go back to these games on a regular basis.

Shinobi
R-type
Street Fighter 2
Sega Rally
Pro Evolution Soccer
Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles
Streets of Rage 2
Super Mario Land 1&2
Bioshock

Ozzybear1

Most Replayed Games?

Postby Ozzybear1 » May 4th, 2013, 3:18 pm