Farewell, Windows XP

General and high profile video game topics.
HardcoreSadism1

Farewell, Windows XP

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » April 9th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Oh right Home Edition, one of my relatives kept using these and as a result spent over eight hundred dollars in replacements! He regretted ever using XP Home since, but kept it on two other machines for some reason and they started lagging like hell.

Pro ages significantly better. None of the educational facilities I went to used anything other than XP Pro, Vista (meh), and eventually 7.

Seven is Bungie's favorite number, therefore Windows Seven is the next XP Professional (insert latest service pack)

weallmissedme1

Farewell, Windows XP

Postby weallmissedme1 » April 10th, 2014, 1:24 am

ActRaiser, if you want a linux distro, try PinguyOS. It's Ubuntu based, but it comes with TONS of apps. And it has the best UI I've ever used. Give it a try.

http://pinguyos.com/

You can change the look as much as you want. It comes with quite a few themes. If you want, you could use Compiz for wobbly windows as well.

ActRaiser1

Farewell, Windows XP

Postby ActRaiser1 » April 10th, 2014, 8:39 am

[QUOTE=weallmissedme]ActRaiser, if you want a linux distro, try PinguyOS. It's Ubuntu based, but it comes with TONS of apps. And it has the best UI I've ever used. Give it a try.

http://pinguyos.com/

You can change the look as much as you want. It comes with quite a few themes. If you want, you could use Compiz for wobbly windows as well.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

LS6501

Farewell, Windows XP

Postby LS6501 » April 11th, 2014, 9:25 am

I have a 5-year old Toshiba laptop running XP. It works great, and I use this system for emulators. I don't see a need to upgrade, but I may eventually buy a new Win laptop.

Return to “Video Games General”