Why Bully needs to come back.

General and high profile video game topics.
weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » June 8th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Ah, Bully, the best thing Rockstar has ever done (besides San Andreas, of course). How can you not love this game? The story, the game play, it's all there. So why the HELL has there not been a damn sequel yet? I mean seriously, the game has sooo much potential. The soundtrack was amazing, and perfectly fit the game. The classes were fun to play, and still are (save for english, because once you beat it, it's no fun). It also had great combat. But the story stole the show. I think we need another game like this. Bully II would be amazing. How about one that takes place in the early days of Bullworth. 1960's anyone? Instead of arcade games, have Pinball. Make the cars look vintage. Everything scream 60's. Better yet, throw some 60's radio music on the scooter. If bully ever came back, what would YOU want from it?

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 8th, 2014, 5:35 pm

I loved Bully, and it had consumed some of my time spent on Grand Theft Auto IV, as well as taking over hours I was supposed to have been studying.

Great game indeed.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » June 8th, 2014, 8:01 pm

I enjoyed the game well enough, but I definitely wouldn't call it the "best thing" Rockstar has ever done, it certainly had it's share of flaws(the Scholarship edition in particular had quite a few glitches that hampered the experience at times), though I have heard that Take 2 renewed the franchise, so a sequel could very well happen.

weallmissedme1

Postby weallmissedme1 » June 8th, 2014, 10:24 pm

GTA 5 had it's share of flaws too Vexer. Boring countryside (which, they should of made smaller, so they could add San Fierro), poor damage modeling on the cars, flight camera that makes me dizzy, tons of filler (therapy classes say hi), and bad online. Online, which has shameful micro transactions. Unfair advantage anyone? Bully on the other hand, did EVERYTHING RIGHT. Good graphics, check. Good map design, check. Attention to detail, check. Good controls, check. Fantastic combat, check. Nice weapons, check. Great music, check. Good story line, check. Convincing voice acting, check. Fun missions, check and mate! Bully was ORIGINAL. While the GTA games (while fantastic) felt a bit like driver, Bully didn't remind me of ANY other game I'd played. This game seriously has to have a revival. While it isn't as popular as GTA, most people I knew who played it SWORE it was better than GTA.

Vexer1

Postby Vexer1 » June 9th, 2014, 2:43 am

Well I've never played online and don't really have any desire to do so, so I can't comment on that aspect, but I personally thought the countryside was a lot more interesting then it was in San Andreas.  I thought the damage modeling was pretty good and the flight camera was just fine for me, I never felt dizzy(though I will say i'm not overly fond of the plane sections) and I didn't think there was that much filler(the therapy classes are totally optional and a poor example, they're a tiny part of the game, for me it was worth taking them just so I could get the chance to kill that annoying doctor!)

For me Bully didn't do everything right, it was decent but it failed to blow me away like most other Rockstar games did, for me the combat was OK but at times it felt kind of clunky and glitchy, the graphics were good but not amazing, the music was very unremarkable for the most part and just seemed to blend into the background must of the time(some licensed music definitely would've been nice to hear), and I found some of the controls(at least on the PC version) a bit akward(I.E. in some of the minigames) yeah the game was original, but for me "original" dosen't automatically mean "better", most people I know like the game but wouldn't really say it's "better" then GTA per se.

HardcoreSadism1

Postby HardcoreSadism1 » June 9th, 2014, 10:16 am

Yeah this is what every thread has devolved to in the past several months, making stupid comparisons.

Bully and GTA V are not even in the same time frame during the sixth and seventh generation...

Return to “Video Games General”