So I finally got an Xbox One

General and high profile video game topics.
Vexer6

So I finally got an Xbox One

Postby Vexer6 » April 27th, 2015, 5:00 pm

I knew I was going to end up getting one sometime this year, but it ended up happening sooner then expected. With the combination of getting money(and an Amazon Gift Card) on my birthday and hearing all about the upcoming Black Ops III, I could resist no longer and finally broke down and bought one on Amazon.

Games i'm planning on getting for the system are Dying Light, D4, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Shadow Warrior, Halo 5, Dead island 2, Homefront: The Revolution, Rainbow Six Siege, Quantum Break, Crackdown, Rainbow Six Siege, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3.

SigSauerLover

Re: So I finally got an Xbox One

Postby SigSauerLover » April 27th, 2015, 5:47 pm

I'd pass on dead rising 3. As I find it far more repetitive than the second game (which I consider the only good game in the series).
Last edited by SigSauerLover on May 5th, 2015, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » April 27th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Well I definitely disagree there, I loved all the Dead Rising games i've played so far(1, 2 and Off The Record), so i'm sure i'll enjoy the third game as well, the critics positive review of it only increases my interest in it.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » April 28th, 2015, 2:05 am

With how you seemingly look towards Redmond each day at noon and chant a prayer, I figured you already had one of these. ;)

I've softened my stance towards it, thanks to moves they've made since launch in response to criticism. May even get it before a PS4, even though I still intend to primarily buy multiplatforms on Sony's system this generation. That's because of my love of racing games, and Microsoft's superior controller for such games.

The Forza franchise, several upcoming rally racers, F1 2015, Project Cars, and others have caught my eye. And then there's World of Tanks. If it bites me like I think it will (Plan to renew my 360's Live subscription soon to play it), that will make the Xbox One all the more attractive when its own version releases.

And if World of Warships follows on its heels, which looks great in beta form on the PC (Mine is hopelessly out of date for gaming and I have no plans to change that anytime soon, so I'll have to hope for a console version), I'll have a really tough time resisting.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 28th, 2015, 8:11 am

Atariboy wrote:With how you seemingly look towards Redmond each day at noon and chant a prayer, I figured you already had one of these. ;)

I've softened my stance towards it, thanks to moves they've made since launch in response to criticism. May even get it before a PS4, even though I still intend to primarily buy multiplatforms on Sony's system this generation. That's because of my love of racing games, and Microsoft's superior controller for such games.

The Forza franchise, several upcoming rally racers, F1 2015, Project Cars, and others have caught my eye. And then there's World of Tanks. If it bites me like I think it will (Plan to renew my 360's Live subscription soon to play it), that will make the Xbox One all the more attractive when its own version releases.

It still has a few hiccups, but the Xbox One is rapidly becoming a great system. I've always been primarily a Sony guy and solely bought the Xbox One because my brother has it and now we can play online together. That and I really, really love Killer Instinct. But I've come to really appreciate it for its exclusives and features.

Also take note that the Xbox One is a heck of a lot quieter than the PS4 if that matters to you. Also, in games where the Xbox One has a lower resolution, it usually commands a frame rate advantage.

Return to “Video Games General”