Any word on a new James Bond game?

General and high profile video game topics.
Breaker

Any word on a new James Bond game?

Postby Breaker » May 13th, 2015, 8:08 pm

With the release of S.P.E.C.T.R.E. in theaters this November, this James Bond fan is wondering if there will be a new Bond game for either/both of the Xbox One/PS4 consoles.

Has anyone heard anything? Best I can tell, the video game rights to Bond are even up for grabs right now. While the remake of Goldeneye was pretty good for PS3 (haven't tried the other versions...yet), 007 Legends (again, PS3) was pretty terrible.

While I'd love to see another in the ilk of Everything or Nothing - worthwhile campaigns, varied gameplay, original storyline - I'd settle for anything at this point.

Vexer6

Re: Any word on a new James Bond game?

Postby Vexer6 » May 13th, 2015, 11:41 pm

I thought Legends was actually a pretty decent game, I didn't really understand the dislike for it.

I really hope that Blood Stone gets a sequel.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » May 20th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Legends looked good, but the missions were so, so repetitive. I haven't played Bloodstone yet - that's next on my list.

But on a related note, is the Skyfall download for Legends still available?

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » May 20th, 2015, 6:59 pm

You can't download Skyfall on PS3 or 360 anymore, but there is a way you can still access the DLC on the PC via Steam- Go to Amazon's German site and get a physical copy of Legends on PC, then once you install it you'll get a message about new content being available, then once you finish the Moonraker missions, you'll go straight into the Skyfall missions. The Skyfall missions are neat, though the final boss is kind of annoying as he takes a while to kill(and you get stuck with the weakest gun in the game, which makes it take even longer).

Breaker

Postby Breaker » July 29th, 2015, 12:41 am

There seems to be lots of speculation and wishing about a new game, but nothing concrete. At least, nothing that I've seen. Please, direct me to something definitive if you've seen it!

On a related note, I have noticed that The Critic reviewed a couple Bond games on Atari systems and Colecovision, Goldeneye on N64 (obvious) and the re-vamp of Goldeneye on the Wii. But by my count there were at least 10 Bond games on at least 6 different systems between those two Goldeneyes with nary a review. Now, I'll readily admit they haven't all been good, but some have been pretty solid. Does The Critic have a predisposition against my hero?! Or perhaps I'm just in the minority, and nobody really cares about Bond games.

Rev

Postby Rev » July 29th, 2015, 1:08 am

I like the Bond games however I do have to admit they are all pretty similar. I can see why the Critic hasn't necessarily reviewed them sine pretty much all of them are basically the same game and none of them have been really that popular. I do think it would be cool if the critic maybe did more series reviews where he knocks out a chunk of games in a particular series. Those tend to be fairly fun to read, although it probably is a bit boring to play basically the same game like 10 different times.

jon

Postby jon » August 1st, 2015, 12:18 am

Yea I mean, I remember the Bond game after Goldeneye not looking that great, and I didn't even check it out. I'm a huge fan of the movies and I was really upset that Perfect Dark wasn't a Bond game. I was really looking forward to a killer sequel. From then, it was just whatever.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » August 11th, 2017, 12:00 am

A new movie announced, but still waiting for anything on a new Bond game. Perhaps it's simply dead as a game franchise...

Breaker

Postby Breaker » August 16th, 2017, 2:26 am

And now Daniel Craig has officially announced he's back. That makes this Bond fan quite happy.

Now, how about stinkin' game!

Return to “Video Games General”