Modern Gaming Headaches

General and high profile video game topics.
Tron

Re: Modern Gaming Headaches

Postby Tron » July 20th, 2015, 5:52 pm

I don't recall disliking anyone on this forum other than Vexer, ptdebate. Perhaps you were thinking of someone else.

Vexer has never been able to acknowledge the points I've tried to make to him so I'm done trying. I'll just go back to ignoring him. If he calls me out or corrects me I'll just ignore it since that's the feedback I'm getting that people on this forum want.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » July 20th, 2015, 8:02 pm

I'll try to keep this as polite and civil as I possibly can. I'm actually with Vexer on this one. I used to throw the r-word around casually, scoffing at those who took issue with it. Then, upon switching my major to Secondary Education, I had to take a Special Needs course as part of my requirements. I learned, through a combination of field experience, research, and simply getting older how terrible that word is. I reached a point where it made me feel as uneasy as hearing the n-word. I won't take it upon myself to give anybody advice. I'm just stating where I stand.

Anyway.....

I'm actually disappointed with this generation, but for different reasons. I remember going into a store to get a new DS game, and I had so much to pick from. The 3DS has been available for over four years, and the amount of games, namely third-party, is SAD! What happened? It has sold over 50 million worldwide, and most third-parties won't touch the thing! To top it off, Nintendo has basically axed my favorite feature:the virtual console. It's been months since a new game has seen release, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight!

Also, the remasters are getting out of hand!

jon

Postby jon » July 20th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Yea I was hoping the Wii U VC selection was going to be good, of course it sucked. And even though you can play Wii VC games on the Wii U you still have to use the Wii-Mote or the Wii Pro Controller, which has to be hooked up to the Wii-Mote? Do you know how ridiculous that is, it's the stupidest, most aggravating thing I could imagine. It looks absolutely ridiculous besides being an unnecessary pain in the ass, I mean that thing (Wii-Mote) has to be within like a foot of you when you're playing. I just gave up on that atrocious setup, which sucks because the VC library is amazing. It goes to show you, first impressions are usually right. Why I thought I would ever like a system with a controller called the Wii-Mote (which is the stupidest name I could ever imagine) and an add on called the NunChuck (not far behind) I'll never know.

Vexer6

Postby Vexer6 » July 20th, 2015, 9:56 pm

BanjoPickles- Thank you, i'm glad we're both on the same page in regards to use of that word.

Portable system support has been rather disappointing, I traded in my 3DS to Gamestop months ago, and it doesn't look like there's going to be anything interesting coming out for it in the near future, same with the PS Vita, and once i've finished playing the games I currently own for that system, i'll likely end up trading it in as well.

I'm fine with older being games remastered, the problem is a lot of remasters are of poor quality, like the Silent HD collection on PS3/360(and more recently, the remaster of Worms World Party on Steam), once I heard about the problems with that collection, I opted to play both games on the PC instead.

Also some remasters simply don't do much besides upgrade visuals, like the re-release of Resident Evil. Considering that the game was re-released for the second time, you'd think Capcom would do more besides just giving it a new coat of paint. How about a new free-roaming camera?(so that you don't cheaply get killed by things you can't see because of the fixed camera angle) How about redoing the inventory system to be more like Resident Evil 5 so that key items automatically get collected and don't take up space in your inventory?(that way there's no more wasting time by constantly picking up and setting down items to make room for other items, which gets old really fast). how about doing away with the limited save system and maybe improving some of the puzzles? Those additions would've been very much appreciated.

NX17

Postby NX17 » July 26th, 2015, 8:10 pm

I thought this fit the thread well. 8-)

Return to “Video Games General”