Worst Video Game Trade Offs!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Worst Video Game Trade Offs!

Postby Sonicx9 » July 26th, 2015, 12:09 am

What is one of the worst video game trade offs, where you were in the video game store and you had a choice between two games you were interested in, but you could only afford one game, and the one you choose is one that you think is going to be better of the two, but ended up being a complete piece of garbage, and later on you went to get the other game after selling your copy of the awful game you went for instead.

My worst video game trade off moment happened around late 2001/early 2002 where I was at Toy's R Us and bought two games, one was a Sega Dreamcast cult classic Looney Tunes: Space Race witch I was not impressed with at first, but the more I played it the more I grew to like the game. And another one was one of the biggest video game disappointments in my whole entire life for the Game Boy Advance called Spyro: Season of Ice aka Spyro: Season of 100% Crap, where I was deciding between that game, and the amazing Klonoa: Empire of Dreams for the same Game Boy Advance system. I chose Spyro: Season of Ice over Klonoa: Empire of Dreams because I was a massive fan of Spyro the Dragon back in the day, as I loved all 3 of the original PS1 games at the time period. At first, I liked Spyro: Season of Ice on the Game Boy Advance, but the more I played this game, the more I grew to hate it. I was annoyed by the awful controls, terrible level design, no checkpoints, repetitive gameplay where all you did was either kill all of the Rhynocs enemies in the stage, destroy a certain objects in the level, it lacked the variety/charm and polish of the 3 PS1 games. I later used a cheat code to get to the end of the game, but I never finished the game 100%, as I was that bothered by this game. Later in mid to mid late 2002, I sold my copy of this piece of Junk, and later got Klonoa: Empire of Dreams witch is over 9000 times better then Season of Ice.

My story kind of reminds me of spida1a with the infamous Darkwing Duck TurboGrafx-16 game in his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtFayPg5hg

Spyro: Season of Ice, along with Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly are my top #1 biggest video game disappointments in my whole entire life, and I lost my love for Spyro the Dragon because of these two games!

Anyone else here have a similar situation to what I have?

Vexer6

Re: Worst Video Game Trade Offs!

Postby Vexer6 » July 26th, 2015, 4:18 am

Never really encountered a trade-off situation, though I did make some questionable blind buys when I was younger, the worst being James Pond on the GBA, by far the worst portable game i've ever played, graphics were GBC quality and I could barely figure out where the hell I was going half the time, I quickly gave up on it and threw it in the garbage.

There was also Frogger the Lost Wand, a mediocre and forgettable platformer that I ended up returning to Gamestop for a refund, and I used the money I got back to reserve Sonic Advance 2.

Return to “Video Games General”