Most agonizing wait...

General and high profile video game topics.
Herschie

Most agonizing wait...

Postby Herschie » July 30th, 2015, 1:06 am

Waiting for video games really sucks. Especially as much as we all love them. I'll never forget the wait for the PS4 in the fall of 2013. I had it preordered the first day Gamestop had it available, which I believe was sometime in July. But the months and weeks went by so agonizingly slow. I remember my wife and I would take the dogs to the park after the Bears games as summer turned into autumn, and all I could think about was Madden on the PS4 and the blissfulness that I would experience come November 15th. I ooh'd and ah'd as I saw screenshot after screenshot of NBA 2K14.

I swear it was like "A Christmas Story". A week before the release, they had this Xbox One preview in Chicago that wasn't far from the in-laws. So I went and got my first peek at the next gen, even though I was going to get PS4 instead. If I thought time inched by before, that last week was almost unbearable. I couldn't think of anything else, not very convenient for a newlywed (We had just gotten married October 5th, the same day as Abby Wambach, in fact). Even the day of showed no mercy as my excitement continued to build as night set in.

It's really a shame that much like the 360, PS4's launch lineup was rather underwhelming. But I've had similar waits for MLB: The Show and Madden. And rarely are the waits ever bearable (My buddy who just got out of the slammer doesn't want to hear about how bad gamers want time to pass by).

Anyway, I'd be curious to hear your releases that had you drooling up until you had the game/system in your hands...

Vexer6

Re: Most agonizing wait...

Postby Vexer6 » July 30th, 2015, 1:31 pm

I remember being annoyed when Watch Dogs was delayed from 2013 to 2014, and i've been annoyed at how long it's taken for The Division to come out from, as we've been seeing trailers for it since 2013.

Tina

Postby Tina » July 30th, 2015, 9:01 pm

My son has been waiting forever for no man's sky and uncharted. I'm certain uncharted will not disappoint But not sure about no man's sky.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » July 31st, 2015, 3:40 pm

I waited VERY patiently for Pro Skater 5, but now the wait is killing me. Tony Hawk is coming back, and I REALLY want to play it! I haven't enjoyed a Tony Hawk game since project 8, which, may I remind you, came out almost a DECADE ago. It doesn't feel like a decade though. But it's felt like FOREVER since Pro Skater 4 came out!

Return to “Video Games General”