Forum wide search option?

General and high profile video game topics.
Verm3

Forum wide search option?

Postby Verm3 » August 7th, 2015, 8:22 am

As there is no forum specifically for it (or off topic stuff): is there a technical reason why there is no search option for the entire forum, only the ability to search inside each sub forum?

scotland

Re: Forum wide search option?

Postby scotland » August 7th, 2015, 10:53 am

Verm3 wrote:is there a technical reason why there is no search option for the entire forum, only the ability to search inside each sub forum?

If I go to Quick Links up near the banner, it opens up a search where you can search every forum, or just a subset, and options to search subforums. So, I think you can search where you want, its just finding what you want.

If you search for 'Sega Genesis' for instance, you will get zero hits as it removes both words as too common, even if you are restricting the search to topics and not posts. If you put the word 'and' in there, which it should toss out as too common, it instead uses 'and' as basically the only search word. For instance 'difficult and sega' will not get you posts mentioning difficult sega games, but posts that use the word 'and'. The radio box for 'search for all terms' does not seem to do what is intended.

I am not sure how you were search for 'difficult sega games' and get meaningful results.

Verm3

Re: Forum wide search option?

Postby Verm3 » August 7th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Sorry, I didn't think to look under 'quick links'.

Return to “Video Games General”