Offensive Icons?

General and high profile video game topics.
Herschie

Re: Offensive Icons?

Postby Herschie » January 5th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Gleebergloben123 wrote:
python16 wrote:It figures. It is just some whiny panty waist liberals complaining about something because they can. Please don't give in to liberal bias. They talk a pretty good game about being open minded but in reality they are the biggest hypocrites.

How did this comment make it through? Politics have no place here or it just becomes a shouting match.

Although I agree with Python, I also agree with Gleeber that politics do not belong here. I think that we ought to have a "May Contain Conservatives" icon for these message boards.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » January 5th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Herschie wrote:
Gleebergloben123 wrote:
python16 wrote:It figures. It is just some whiny panty waist liberals complaining about something because they can. Please don't give in to liberal bias. They talk a pretty good game about being open minded but in reality they are the biggest hypocrites.

How did this comment make it through? Politics have no place here or it just becomes a shouting match.

Although I agree with Python, I also agree with Gleeber that politics do not belong here. I think that we ought to have a "May Contain Conservatives" icon for these message boards.

Hey Hershie and Python,

I understand where both of you are coming from, I really do. But I come to VGC to escape from those forums about who's liberal and who's conservative. Here WE are all into gaming and to enjoy VGC's awesome reviews, educated posters, and great forums.

That's what I'm trying to say. hope all are doing well.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » January 6th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Well I wasn't exactly being serious with that conservatives icon thingamabob.

python16

Postby python16 » January 13th, 2016, 5:33 pm

I wasn't shouting Gleeber, I was just making a point.

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » January 13th, 2016, 7:01 pm

I'd suggest a "May Contain Islamic Content" icon, but no that would not be appropriate at all.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » January 13th, 2016, 10:00 pm

python16 wrote:I wasn't shouting Gleeber, I was just making a point.

For what it's worth, I didn't say you shouted. You interjected politics in your post which had the potential of turning this thread into a political shouting match.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » January 13th, 2016, 11:27 pm

Seriously though. I'd hesitate to use the term "liberal" and instead use social justice warrior. And jabbing at conservatives isn't nice either (this coming from someone who's neither fully liberal nor fully conservative as both are silly in their own special ways).

That said, I must agree, anybody who cries about these icons have the ability to, you know, shut their browser down like a normal person. They aren't being forced to view it. Keep whatever icons you like. Just like you changed your Coconuts review on the Atari 2600 to appeal to some whiny gay people who could have just laughed and moved on. Listen, I understand Maryland is a highly politically correct state (used to live in Ellicot City) but if you want to say something, say it Dave! Don't let these whiners ruin your nearly 20 year old website. Keep it going like never before! FULL STEAM AHEAD DAVID.

Marriott_Guy

Postby Marriott_Guy » January 14th, 2016, 11:07 am

Seems like most thoughts have been shared on this topic. Might be time to shut it down.

Rev

Postby Rev » January 14th, 2016, 1:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Return to “Video Games General”