Top 50 Games Special in the works

General and high profile video game topics.
ActRaiser

Re: Top 50 Games Special in the works

Postby ActRaiser » April 7th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Scotland's right. A top 50 list for games to play while on a deserted island should be a different list.

Think about it - that's it. Those are the only games you'll get to play for the rest of your life.

Those arguably should be a different list than 50 of the best games ever.

Plus, it's more fun to think of games that you'll play with others assuming others are going to survive on the island with you.

And at least one of those games should be some form of Street Fighter II. :P

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » April 8th, 2016, 2:14 am

You are stuck with friends? Kill the fattest and eat him... and make a raft of his bones. But if you prefer to avoid that Lord of the Flies moment and wait for rescue, I would include:

Mario Kart 8,
Super Smash Brothers Melee,
Wii Sports Resort,
Super Mario World 3D,
Street Fighter 2,
Goldeneye 007
Warlords,
Super Monkey Ball,
Perfect Dark,
Boom Blox

And when your friends are asleep: Resident Evil 4

and because the Atari 7800 is awesome: Pac Man Collection, Beef Drop, Midnight Mutants, Ninja Golf, Basketbrawl, Failsafe. Frenzy and Tower Toppler... just kidding... that's for me... but Pac-Man Collection would be an unexpected and sexy entry on the list because it includes the most versions of Pac-Man.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 8th, 2016, 7:41 pm

I'd have to include one of NHL 94 to 98. Which year depends on the day, really.

NBA Jam is always a good choice, and works with friends or solo.

jon

Postby jon » April 9th, 2016, 12:43 am

I always end up a little disappointed with lists like this, because they almost never include games I feel belong, and it usually just ends up being games that were popular or that "everyone" likes. I consider myself to have very good taste in sports games, especially basketball games. And without a doubt, College Hoops 2k8 is the most exhilarating basketball game I've ever played. I don't know how many best of lists that's appeared on. Also, for me there'd probably be a dozen or so Neo Geo games.

Tron

Postby Tron » April 10th, 2016, 11:18 pm

I'd pick a few games that surely no one else would. Games like Fire Pro Wrestling (GBA), MLB Power Pros (PS2) and NBA 2k 16 (PS4) for all the countless careers & seasons I could play.

Next I'd take Tactics Ogre (PS1), Brigandine (PS1), Ogre Battle (SNES), Fallout 3 & New Vegas (Xbox 360), both Advance Wars (DS), Hot Shots Golf (PS3), Wii Sports Resort (Wii), Twisted Metal 2 (PS1), Street Fighter II (SNES) & I'll stop there for now.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » April 11th, 2016, 5:42 pm

One thing I'd like to see is new text for the games rather than reposting your reviews.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » April 11th, 2016, 7:34 pm

If shipwrecked on a deserted isle one I def forgot to mention is Pirates's Gold on the Genesis. Unlimited replay value. Heck I am playing it now!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2016, 9:19 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:One thing I'd like to see is new text for the games rather than reposting your reviews.

Logan,
Yeah I was going to include an extra sentence or two per game explaining how the game landed on the list. It's coming together.
VGC

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 11th, 2016, 11:25 pm

matmico399 wrote:If shipwrecked on a deserted isle one I def forgot to mention is Pirates's Gold on the Genesis. Unlimited replay value. Heck I am playing it now!

I couldn't agree more! I just played a nice career on that the weekend before the Masters. Absolutely unlimited replay value.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » April 18th, 2016, 8:01 pm

matmico399 wrote:If shipwrecked on a deserted isle one I def forgot to mention is Pirates's Gold on the Genesis. Unlimited replay value. Heck I am playing it now!

I've got to ask: What's your high score? I have 131, and a buddy managed a 136. Curious how those rank compared to other pirates...

Return to “Video Games General”