Bandai Wonderswan and Nokia N-gage

General and high profile video game topics.
brendand

Bandai Wonderswan and Nokia N-gage

Postby brendand » April 16th, 2016, 10:42 pm

I noticed these are missing from the handheld section they are fairly notable despite losing badly to Nintendo consoles or in the case of the n-gage which apparently started well but quickly sunk due to heavy competition at the time (GBA ,PSP,DS )! when N-gage first started there was only the gba in its path ! the ds and psp launches marked the quick death of that through!
the critic will enjoy a few games on these handhelds there is some real gems and some real stinkers ! a problem with Wonderswan is the language barrier its not all bad news through ! there is a few english friendly games and don't forget to have some tacos after playing the n-gage ! haha

Sut

Re: Bandai Wonderswan and Nokia N-gage

Postby Sut » April 17th, 2016, 4:22 am

He probably just doesn't own the systems. The WonderSwan does intrigue me.

Is that the system designed by the guy who came up with the Game Boy ?

Any games you recommend we take a look at ?

brendand

Postby brendand » April 17th, 2016, 10:50 am

Sut wrote:He probably just doesn't own the systems. The WonderSwan does intrigue me.

Is that the system designed by the guy who came up with the Game Boy ?

Any games you recommend we take a look at ?

Any games you recommend we take a look at ?[/quote]
that is true he did and yep you might be right !i imagine a Wonderswan color or Crystal is cheaper then a N-gage ! both have some fairly rare games through!
as for recommendations
N-gage
System Rush
The Roots gates of chaos
The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
Ashen
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
the Xmen legends games
Pathway to glory
Pocket kingdom
Rifts promise of power
Sonic N
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Glimmerati
Mile high pinball
Crash Nitro Kart
Asphalt urban gt 1&2
king of fighters
there may be some other good ones as well ! some are rarer then others of course!

as for Wonderswan i recommend
Tetris
Space invaders
Golden axe
Run=dim
Guilty Gear Petit 1& 2
Judgement silversword ( very expensive game )
Dicing knight ( another very expensive game )
Beatmania
D's Garage21
Final Lap 2000
Gunpey or gunpey ex
Kaze no Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
Magical drop
Makaimura
Pocket fighter
the rockman game/game ( megaman )
Sd gundam operation u.c
Mr driller
One piece swan colloseum
rhyme rider kerorican
there may be some other good ones with little japanese but if you can read japanese it opens the doors alot on the wonderswan ! it is a real shame the wonderswan was not released worldwide !

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 17th, 2016, 10:45 pm

I find this post interesting, because I agree... the Wonderswan and N-Gage are two worthy additions to the Critic's library of systems. And, in fact, of all the systems that he is missing, I would agree that these are the two best that he is missing. Off the top of my head anyway. And both are semi-mainstream enough to warrant consideration. If you're listening Critic, what do you think?

I also find it timely, as I've been planning to do a post in the forums here that profiles the failed handhelds of the 1995-2005 era, but I haven't gotten around to it. There's actually quite a few--several that people either have long since forgotten or have never heard of. As far as the depth and quality of their game libraries, the Wonderswan and N-Gage definitely top that list. I bought my N-Gage a couple years ago and my Wonderswan a few months ago, and I've enjoyed both. The Wonderswan is Japanese only and many games are text-heavy, but there is a good selection of English-friendly games. For gamers and collectors that already own all the mainstream systems, or gamers that prefer the late 90s/early 2000s era, I recommend both of these systems.

Which is better? It's a close call. In reality, the Wonderswan would easily win that fight, but for English gamers the limited number of playable games makes it a much closer fight. I would put it like this.... if you prefer the DS over the PSP, you'll probably like the vibe of the Wonderswan more. If you prefer the PSP over the DS, you'll probably prefer the games on the N-Gage.

brendand

Postby brendand » April 19th, 2016, 12:19 am

that is true !

Return to “Video Games General”