New Idea for Site?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: New Idea for Site?

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 23rd, 2016, 2:31 pm

I lowered the threshold to 4 posts to help expose newer threads, but I think it's best not to overthink it. There will be some odd topic titles, and maybe some that don't deserve to be highlighted, but overall I think it will work out.

I am filtering out the admin/RPG posts for obvious reasons.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » August 25th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I find myself spending less time here because of the "Hot Topics" link. A good idea in theory, but I come here now, look at the Hot Topics, and if nothing piques my interest, I move on. Before I'd check out each forum and maybe put my two cents in an older topic.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » August 26th, 2016, 9:18 am

Gleebergloben123 wrote:Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I find myself spending less time here because of the "Hot Topics" link. A good idea in theory, but I come here now, look at the Hot Topics, and if nothing piques my interest, I move on. Before I'd check out each forum and maybe put my two cents in an older topic.

Have you ever used the Quick links > New Posts option in the upper left (on the forum page). It serves the same function but quickly gives you everything new that folks have posted. It's nifty and provides all new posts regardless of post count.

Return to “Video Games General”