How often do you replay?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

How often do you replay?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » December 25th, 2016, 11:32 pm

When you play games, how often do you replay old ones you've already beaten vs playing new ones? Usually, I hardly ever replay games for the same reason I hardly ever reread books. There are always so many other games I haven't even touched that I don't have time to go back to the ones I've already beaten. Of course, I do get nostalgic sometimes-- this year I replayed all the classic Donkey Kong Country games, Kingdom Hearts 2, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City. But this year was a one time thing, I think. So many games, so little time!
Last edited by DaHeckIzDat on December 26th, 2016, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rev

Re: How often do you replay?

Postby Rev » December 26th, 2016, 12:59 am

I really like replaying games. Even though I have an enormous backlog I like to spend time playing games I'm familiar with, whether it is because I want to beat the game more efficiently or some other reason. I also tend to play a lot of games that don't have a clear ending or never really end, like fighting games, racing, etc.

Sut

Postby Sut » December 26th, 2016, 4:49 pm

I replay games a lot and I often feel like I should be playing another.
I've played through the Metal Gear Solid games numerous times and they are always fun to revisit especially as Kojima seems to pack that much secrets and oddities into his games that you never see everything in your first play throughs.
Being a mainly retro gamer I've revisiting Golden Axe, Sonic, Shinobi and Sega Rally with regularity.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » December 26th, 2016, 8:41 pm

My most replayed games would probably be Mike Tyson Punch Out, Mario 1-3, Paper Boy, Mega Man 2, and Link to the Past. There are probably a few others, but I can play those games all day and never get tired of them.

Return to “Video Games General”