Christmas Loot

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven

Re: Christmas Loot

Postby JustLikeHeaven » December 29th, 2016, 3:49 pm

Anyone have a good idea where the hell to find a Wii U for a decent price? I've been checking all of the WalMarts, Targets, Best Buys, and Gamestops in my area. Nobody has any in stock. I literally saw them EVERYWHERE last week. Now they are impossible to find. Any ideas where I should be checking?

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » December 29th, 2016, 6:50 pm

JustLikeHeaven wrote:Anyone have a good idea where the hell to find a Wii U for a decent price? I've been checking all of the WalMarts, Targets, Best Buys, and Gamestops in my area. Nobody has any in stock. I literally saw them EVERYWHERE last week. Now they are impossible to find. Any ideas where I should be checking?

If you are okay with buying a refurbished one, you can get one from the Nintendo online store for $200:

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/br ... =cat570935

For $15 more you can get one with both Nintendo Land and Mario 3D World but beware that both are digital downloads.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » December 30th, 2016, 12:09 am

Wish I could be of some help. If it's Nintendo that's taking them back rather than just selling out due to Christmas and little inventory to go around, not sure there's much that can done. Any independent stores around you? Perhaps a K-Mart since they don't seem to have the turnover rate in electronics that more popular retailers do.

Since we were out of town visiting family, we just did our Christmas yesterday. I made out pretty well with videogames. Finally able to play the NES Classic Edition that I waited in line for at launch, five Nintendo Selects rereleases for the Wii U & 3DS, Twilight Princess HD, three Xbox 360 games, and $35 in Nintendo eShop credit that I'll put towards unlocking the rest of Fatal Frame 5.

I'm all set for games for 2017. :)

LS650

Postby LS650 » December 30th, 2016, 10:00 am

I bought myself an Atari Flashback Portable, a copy of 'NOX/Death Race' for the Vectrex, and a copy of 'Rebooteroids' for the Atari Jaguar.

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » December 30th, 2016, 11:46 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Anybody get an NES Classic for Christmas?

I did not, but I did get the big hard-cover Art of Atari books.
This is the kind of book I love. Not much text but big colorful pictures. And this thing is massive
Not only does it talk about the cover art (mainly for the 2600 games) but also promotional material and info about the design and development of the consoles themselves. Recommended.

Just curious, did you get the limited Deluxe edition (the one with the slip cover), or the basic one?

nesfan

Postby nesfan » January 1st, 2017, 1:00 pm

As far as game stuff, I got Paper Mario Color Splash and Star Fox Zero/Guard. Also my friend bought me the Dr. Mario amiibo.
And hello again, everyone. I'm not dead.

Return to “Video Games General”