Games you didn't think you'd like but did?

General and high profile video game topics.
SpiceWare

Re: Games you didn't think you'd like but did?

Postby SpiceWare » January 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm

When I bought my PS2 I could only find it available as a bundle. I wasn't keen on the choices, but opted for the one with Star Wars: Starfighter and SSX solely because of Starfighter (I'm not much into sports games).

After setting up my PS2 and playing a few rounds of Starfighter I figured what the hell, let's toss in SSX. I was immediately hooked and ended up playing SSX to completion while Starfighter sat on the shelf collecting dust.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 26th, 2017, 5:31 pm

When I first saw the game Blast Corps, I didn't think I'd like it. I thought destroying buildings while saving a nuclear truck following you would be frustrating and tedious.

Then I played the game, and had loads of fun with it. The overall design and action packed gameplay makes it a blast to play even to this day.

Kid Icarus Uprising's controls turned me off initially, but then I turned on auto fire and the scheme became a lot more comfortable. It's one of my all time favorite video games, addictive and hilarious to boot.

Sut

Postby Sut » January 27th, 2017, 2:21 am

Fallout 3.
Never really got into RPG's in a big way and this seemed overwhelming, but after seeing all the positive reviews and picking it up for a great price I gave it a go.

Really didn't like it initially but once I got an handle on it, like Rookie1 with Skyrim hours just seemed to melt away. And I really loved the 50's inspired utopia.

Currently playing Fallout 4 because of the fun I had discovering Fallout 3. Plus it's one of the few games I felt compelled to Platinum trophy because I couldn't pull myself away.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » January 27th, 2017, 8:32 am

Sut wrote:Fallout 3.
Never really got into RPG's in a big way and this seemed overwhelming, but after seeing all the positive reviews and picking it up for a great price I gave it a go.

Really didn't like it initially but once I got an handle on it, like Rookie1 with Skyrim hours just seemed to melt away. And I really loved the 50's inspired utopia.

Currently playing Fallout 4 because of the fun I had discovering Fallout 3. Plus it's one of the few games I felt compelled to Platinum trophy because I couldn't pull myself away.

If you want an actual RPG, play Fallout New Vegas.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » May 8th, 2017, 1:51 pm

My wife wanted "The Last of Us". I told her no, I'm the man of the house, I want NBA 2K15, and what I say goes! Anyway, I really had a blast playing "The Last of Us".

Return to “Video Games General”