Last new console to give you "that feeling"...

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev

Re: Last new console to give you "that feeling"...

Postby Rev » February 3rd, 2017, 12:34 am

For me I think it would be the Nintendo Gamecube... Out of all the console launches I've experienced, I was probably the most excited for this one as I looked for months and months online, getting screenshots of all the launch titles, and following everything I could find online religiously. I remember playing the console on launch day and being blown away by the graphics and gameplay. Even though the console didn't have a ton of games I played it a lot, with games like SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime, and so on. I think that "feeling" came from working all summer and saving up money to buy the console on launch day, along with the anticipation of its release. Since then, I've worked full time and have always had money to buy consoles I want, if I really want them. I also don't tend to follow launches or plan to pick up consoles on release. It was just a different world back then.

Alucard1191

Re: Last new console to give you "that feeling"...

Postby Alucard1191 » February 3rd, 2017, 6:07 pm

matmico399 wrote:For me without a doubt the PS2. I luved my Ps1 and gamed on it constantly. When the PS2 came out I was about ready to go through a divorce and couldn't afford it as a luxury. In 2002 or 2003 I finally got one. With the exception of maybe my 2600 as a kids, no console has ever received as much play time. The Genesis comes somewhat close. But the upgrade In Graphics and open worlds from the 1 to the 2 was amazing. I still consider the PS2 the greatest console of all time!

Considering the sheer volume of games you can play on that system, and how many must haves exist for it, I might have to reluctantly agree with you that it is the overall greatest system of all time. It probably has the most play hours of all my systems. And while I initially wanted to disagree with you and say the SNES is the best, I think that if I'm being objective I would agree that the PS2 would be the overall best system. Mine still works flawlessly today, and with such a massive library there are always a few more must haves to find. As someone who grew up on sega and nintendo, and was late to the Sony bandwagon, (got a saturn new. Then a PS1 a few years later) I was reluctant to give sony credit, but they made a hell of a system.

Return to “Video Games General”