We may have been a little harsh on Nintendo regarding the Switch's battery life...

General and high profile video game topics.
Paul Campbell

We may have been a little harsh on Nintendo regarding the Switch's battery life...

Postby Paul Campbell » February 19th, 2017, 11:23 am

I'm no electrical engineer, but these recently leaked photos of an open Switch console and the comments from people alot smarter than me seem to suggest that Nintendo did an amazing job packing as big a battery as possible in that thing. I've read similar sentiments on multiple forums this morning. Here is one... http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1345524&page=2

Atariboy

Re: We may have been a little harsh on Nintendo regarding the Switch's battery life...

Postby Atariboy » February 20th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Sure beats the view that greeted anyone that ever took off the battery compartment door on their Wii U gamepad.

Not sure when Nintendo announced their aftermarket high capacity battery for the Wii U, but all that empty space to the left of the battery would've made it obvious what Nintendo had cooking.

Rookie1

Re: We may have been a little harsh on Nintendo regarding the Switch's battery life...

Postby Rookie1 » February 22nd, 2017, 9:24 am

The WiiU gamepad battery life is a joke IMO.

As for the switch, I am not really sure what people expected in terms of battery life. I mean, even the most high end of phones and tablets dont last that long when in full use. Its been like that for quite a while, and even these expensive a$$ high capacity batteries dont give you much more use out of your device.

Return to “Video Games General”