Got a Nintendo Switch!

General and high profile video game topics.
BlasteroidAli

Re: Got a Nintendo Switch!

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 16th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Will look forward to the system review and the game review. Perhaps Bomberman will be good as well. I like Bomberman so would be interested to see if it worked properly.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » April 17th, 2017, 11:49 am

I also managed to snag a Nintendo Switch recently. I picked up Breath of the Wild and The Binding of Isaac. The hardware is very impressive and my short time with the system has proved to be immensely satisfying. Breath of the Wild is legit. I haven't even touch Binding of Isaac yet. I like the joy cons and how they feel...I find the controller is very comfortable. Also, I think there is a solid list of games with physical releases on the way:

Ultra Street Fighter II
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (stoked for this since I never bought a Wii U)
Splatoon 2
Disgaea 5 Complete (love this series)
Arms
Cave Story+

I'll probably get Bomberman and 1, 2 Switch at some point too. Between this system and the glut of weird indie stuff getting physical releases on the PS4 I'm pretty happy right now!

Rev

Postby Rev » April 17th, 2017, 11:53 am

Critic, breath of the wild has been in stock at my local Wal-Mart for weeks for the Wii u. You might try and see if they have a copy where you live. I'm also debating picking up a switch. Can't wait to see your reviews.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 18th, 2017, 3:35 pm

I may have mentioned this - but the cartridges are way too small - the size of a large postage stamp! A little thicker than the 3DS cards though. Still, I wish they were bigger - even if mostly air inside. They totally click into the system and a tab closes over it. I prefer the old method of popping in a cart.

Another small complaint - the joycons are so small! The left hand is okay but on the right one reaching the lower joystick is cramp-inducing. Thinking about investing in a pro controller but that's another $70!

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » April 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Dave, we're gonna need a cart taste test.

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » April 18th, 2017, 6:12 pm

The Pro Controller is totally worth $70.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 18th, 2017, 6:49 pm

I have heard reports that the Switch warps if you leave it in the dock too long. I guess a device that gets heated doesn't enjoy being in a closed case for too long. Go figure! I am really interested in what you have to say Critic. I am interested in this but they need many more games. I am already playing Horizon Zero Dawn and that definitely scratches the "open world" itch. No reason to play Zelda right now.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 19th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Well I intend to leave my Switch in its dock pretty much 24 hours a day. Of course, it will not be on most of the time (although I'm expecting some marathon Zelda sessions).

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » April 20th, 2017, 11:19 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well I intend to leave my Switch in its dock pretty much 24 hours a day. Of course, it will not be on most of the time (although I'm expecting some marathon Zelda sessions).

But it's primarily a handheld. You can take it to the toilet. Or rooftop cocktail parties.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » April 20th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Well I intend to leave my Switch in its dock pretty much 24 hours a day. Of course, it will not be on most of the time (although I'm expecting some marathon Zelda sessions).

But it's primarily a handheld. You can take it to the toilet. Or rooftop cocktail parties.

I take my wiiU gamepad to the toilet. sadly, it wont reach the roof during cocktail hour. So much potential that just fell short.

Return to “Video Games General”