Games the VGC Didn't Review (Yet), for Systems Nearing Completion

General and high profile video game topics.
goldenband

Re: Games the VGC Didn't Review (Yet), for Systems Nearing Completion

Postby goldenband » January 17th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Somehow I quoted my entire first post when I meant to edit it: whoops!

Instead I'll edit this post to note that Pengo for Atari 5200 is now done: getting close to completing the 5200 review set.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » January 21st, 2018, 11:47 pm

I won't consider his review of Portal as complete until he plays the game to the end.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2018, 8:34 am

My friends and I played Portal to the end together a few years back. Might not be reflected in the review.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » January 22nd, 2018, 7:02 pm

Paul Campbell wrote:I won't consider his review of Portal as complete until he plays the game to the end.

OK, but I don't follow what this has to do with my thread, which is about completing the library of reviews -- i.e. reviewing every game -- for specific systems like the Atari 5200 and Sega 32X.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » January 24th, 2018, 1:01 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:My friends and I played Portal to the end together a few years back. Might not be reflected in the review.

I asked you how far you got into it back when you released your first review of it here, mostly because you called it a "little puzzle game" or something like that, which made me suspicious that you hadn't gone deep enough to appreciate the full scope of the game. At the time you said you hadn't gotten that far. (I think motion sickness might have been a factor that you mentioned) It's one of the few games that I would consider a full playthrough as a necessity for an accurate review. But I could be wrong.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » January 24th, 2018, 1:03 am

goldenband wrote:
Paul Campbell wrote:I won't consider his review of Portal as complete until he plays the game to the end.

OK, but I don't follow what this has to do with my thread, which is about completing the library of reviews -- i.e. reviewing every game -- for specific systems like the Atari 5200 and Sega 32X.

Seems to me like your initial post has it pretty well covered. I just wanted to stick that in there for good measure.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » March 20th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Updated the first post to reflect the new Game.com reviews. (Only 3 left!)

goldenband

Postby goldenband » March 24th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Inspired by the recent TurboGrafx-16 reviews, I added the remaining games (US releases only) to the first post. As of this writing there are 47 unreviewed games left in the US library.

Some aren't unexpected -- like SimEarth, Might & Magic III, or the Sherlock Holmes games -- but it's more surprising that the likes of Dragon's Curse, Neutopia 2 and Moto Roader haven't been reviewed yet.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 25th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Is Dragon's Curse worth it?

goldenband

Postby goldenband » March 25th, 2018, 9:31 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Is Dragon's Curse worth it?

Worth playing, or worth buying? I'm the wrong person to ask about the latter since I do almost all my TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine gaming via flash cart, and I don't really know the game firsthand as a player.

But if you loved Wonder Boy III on the SMS (as I see you did), then I'm sure it's worth playing through a version with a fresh coat of paint and seeing the differences.

Return to “Video Games General”