Nintendo SNES Mini Classic

General and high profile video game topics.
ActRaiser

Re: Nintendo SNES Mini Classic

Postby ActRaiser » April 21st, 2017, 10:56 pm

How about Terranigma? It never was released stateside. If I recall correctly it completes the Illusion of Gaia trilogy. I've always wanted to give it a shot. I'm confident I could find a ROM and give it a go but including a "never" released here game would make it an instant buy for me (assuming I ever see the thing in real life that is).

Voor

Postby Voor » April 22nd, 2017, 8:38 am

The NES Classic came out on 11/11/16 and was announc d sometime around the start of summer, so we should hear something soon (regarding if it's true and the game list)

The real question: will Nintendo quadruple production?

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » April 22nd, 2017, 3:26 pm

Voor wrote:The NES Classic came out on 11/11/16 and was announc d sometime around the start of summer, so we should hear something soon (regarding if it's true and the game list)

Nintendo will produce 10, scalpers will charge $10,000 each, and Nintendo will say that they only planned to release it for a few days.

GTS

Postby GTS » April 22nd, 2017, 4:09 pm

I have doubts about the sources. Besides, it doesn't make sense to replace one hot selling product with another. If I'm wrong, you can all laugh at me as I have no way of removing this post. :)

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » April 23rd, 2017, 3:28 am

I'd actually be very surprised if the did this anytime soon now that the Switch is out. I think the NES classic was an advertisement for Nintendo to pave the way for the Switch, and I think they discontinued it to keep the focus on the Switch. I can't seen them doing this right now with the Switch still of a tender age. Remember, the Switch will be getting the Virtual Console soon. Would Nintendo cut into VC sales for a moment with an SNES mini? I doubt it. Those Nintendo execs are strange and shrewd.

twilighthotel

Postby twilighthotel » April 23rd, 2017, 11:22 am

mbd36 wrote:
Voor wrote:The NES Classic came out on 11/11/16 and was announc d sometime around the start of summer, so we should hear something soon (regarding if it's true and the game list)

Nintendo will produce 10, scalpers will charge $10,000 each, and Nintendo will say that they only planned to release it for a few days.

And as they did with the NES Mini, they will act "stunned" and "shocked" at the "unexpected level of consumer interest."

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 24th, 2017, 7:48 pm

My pal wants a mini cube
I want a mini n64..
though a mini snes sounds fab as well.

Return to “Video Games General”