Patreon for the VGC?

General and high profile video game topics.
scotland

Re: Patreon for the VGC?

Postby scotland » June 2nd, 2017, 7:26 pm

Zachwave wrote:Been lurking the site for years.

Let me say welcome, and no worries about tbe 'well established community'. At any given time, its not that many, its pretty friendly, and I for one enjoy seeing new posts whenever I log in.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 2nd, 2017, 8:53 pm

Thanks for stepping up Zack - maybe you'll inspire others to join Patreon.
I was hoping Bill Gates may have been lurking around here, but you're probably the next best thing.

I am thinking about posting some behind-the-scenes-stuff-that-may-or-may-not-ever-see-the-light-of-day on Patreon. I'm assuming only patrons can see my posts, but I'm still figuring it all out.

Stay tuned and thanks again
VGC

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 3rd, 2017, 6:32 pm

Got several new patrons the other night! Smashed my $20 goal!
I set a new goal, so let's try to keep it going!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 4th, 2017, 11:32 am

I've started posting draft reviews on Patreon so my patrons can provide early feedback. I think it's a win-win.

Consider joining if you haven't already. $1 per month is all it takes.
https://www.patreon.com/videogamecritic

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 13th, 2017, 6:35 pm

I think my Patreon page has been a modest success. If nothing else it gives me a place to hang my dirty laundry: reviews in progress, scattershot notes, and reviews that have been in limbo for years. Stuff I don't have to edit or proofread.

https://www.patreon.com/videogamecritic

Please consider pledging $1/month, exclusive content non-withstanding. If I can reach my goals I would consider trimming down the number of ads on the site. Thanks to the people who have already signed up!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 17th, 2017, 10:04 am

I think it's been a worthwhile endeavor so far. Obviously it'll take time to grow, but I think the current result justifies going forward with it. I joined it to give back for all the years of free reviews I've used, but the $1 is worth it for the extra content too.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » July 17th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Retro STrife wrote:I think it's been a worthwhile endeavor so far. Obviously it'll take time to grow, but I think the current result justifies going forward with it. I joined it to give back for all the years of free reviews I've used, but the $1 is worth it for the extra content too.

Exactly. Just signed up too. I've been coming here forever and have really appreciated what the VGC does and the members who frequent this site.

Return to “Video Games General”