Housesitting Blues

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Housesitting Blues

Postby matmico399 » May 14th, 2017, 1:38 pm

I am housesitting for my girlfriend for a bunch of days to take care of her animals and such. I didn't bring any consoles over and I can only watch so much tv and search the web. Peeps keep talking about great games on the iPad. Can someone point me in the right direction for iPad gaming? I'm a beginner at this. And it's rainy so getting out of the house wouldn't be much fun.

scotland

Re: Housesitting Blues

Postby scotland » May 14th, 2017, 5:22 pm

I have an Android phone, but I have some suggestions.

There are games for all ages, like simple puzzle games like Thinkrolls and simple angle games like Stupid Zombies.

I like turn based stuff, like Kingturn. There are old point and click games like Broken Sword, and old RPGs like Final Fantasy. There are old classic games like 7th Guest. There is a fun rogue like called Enchanted Cave 2 I had a lot of fun with. I enjoyed a little submarine arcade simulator called Crash Dive. There is a small action RPG called Battleheart that was fun in small doses.

I know you like WWI, so there is a game called Valiant Hearts to look at. I didn't like it, but others have written well of it. Another game I didn't take to but other like is called Out There.

Look around. Google "Best mobile games of/for" for some lists. Often if you find one, you can snowball to finding others. For instance, I liked Kingturn, and so I ended up playing all the sequels.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 14th, 2017, 5:49 pm

House sitting blues... sounds like such a great game.

Looks like their is a bomberman game on i pad .. I would go for that one...

Next up You can get raiden legacy on i pad I think.
You can get some Doom games on it too...

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 15th, 2017, 11:10 am

Should've brought a handheld, or a Switch.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 15th, 2017, 12:30 pm

You can't go wrong with Final Fantasy Tactics and Adventures of Mana.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 15th, 2017, 3:46 pm

A bit cliche, but Angry Birds is a good time killer. Fun little physics based puzzle. Didn't deserve to become as popular as it did, but what it does it does well enough.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 15th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Super Stickman golf is my favorite mobile game. It's free.

Then, of course, there's Mario run...

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » May 15th, 2017, 8:53 pm

FTL is a great game, and quite intuitive on the iPad in spite of originally being a PC game. The only major downside is that it's 10 Washingtons, which is pricey by mobile gaming standards, but it's definitely worth it.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is also on iPad for the same price, though in that case it's definitely not QUITE as good as on PC.

Return to “Video Games General”