PSP EA Replay

General and high profile video game topics.
gametime

PSP EA Replay

Postby gametime » May 24th, 2017, 7:13 pm

Been playing EA Replay on the PSP. Great titles like Desert & Jungle Strike, Road Rash 1,2,3 plus several other titles.

Was there ever a console release?

Atariboy

Re: PSP EA Replay

Postby Atariboy » May 24th, 2017, 8:39 pm

That was all there was.

Decent collection, although it wasn't perfect. I recall the audio being a bit off on the SuperNes side like with the Wing Commander titles, I guess the Road Rash games had their music replaced (I never played those on cartridge, so I couldn't tell), and it bugged me that Urban Strike was left off the collection.

I'd love to know if that last one had anything to do with the portrayal in the game of a terrorist attack destroying the World Trade Center in 2001, over half a decade before that event sadly actually happened (Albeit in a different manner than that in Urban Strike).

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » May 25th, 2017, 7:41 am

Had no idea this even existed. I am a sucker for compilations like this, so I will have to check it out.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 25th, 2017, 7:58 am

I did not buy them because the took the music off all of the titles and put in some new tosh they had cobbled together. Most of the fans were the same and wanted Ron Hubbard's chiptunes back. As such they were a failure.

gametime

Postby gametime » May 25th, 2017, 9:57 am

Been nice if EA had released more or at least console conversions and Urban Strike would have been a nice addition as well.

Had no idea the music was a concern in the Road Rash series. I have played the Genesis console titles. Thought the graphics and gameplay held up well on the PSP. The music seems to add to the playability for me. Just different enough tunes to separate it from the console. Made it worth the purchase besides portability for me at least.

Thank you all for the information.

Return to “Video Games General”