Nintendo has best customer service

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Nintendo has best customer service

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2017, 10:22 pm

While reviewing my first set of Switch games I was conscious of the fact that the original batch of Switch controllers had a tendency to disconnect on occasion. I observed this while playing Zelda once during a boss encounter, where Link would suddenly go running off to the side for no reason for a few seconds. Likewise my friend Chris said he had a similar issue when playing my Mario Kart 8.

These were fairly isolated incidents, but having spent a lot of money on the Joy-Cons (I have two sets) I wanted to make sure they had any necessary repairs.

So I looked up the Nintendo customer service number which is super easy to find in Google. Most companies make it as hard as possible for you to contact them (try calling EA) so I was shocked the number was freely available. I expected to get put on hold forever (see Verizon) and shocked when a REAL PERSON answered. It was a very nice young lady named Samantha who was very courteous and helpful.

I described the problem and she asked a few basic questions like the serial no. of my Switch. I was really glad she didn't ask me any account information - something that Microsoft would always grill me about. She took down my basic information and said I would be receiving a shipping label with instructions. I mailed it out on Monday and received it today! I also received several intermediate emails saying they had received it/fixed it/etc.

This may have been the best customer service I've ever experienced! By providing this level of service Nintendo is telling me they actually care about their customers.

Atarifever

Re: Nintendo has best customer service

Postby Atarifever » May 27th, 2017, 10:42 am

The number is also easy to find physically; no need to google. It's on their products. Look on the bottom of your 3DS for example. If your NES is closer, just look on that (it's still the same number). On Retrogaming Roundup they called the number on the NES during the podcast once and were surprised when it was still Nintendo. They then told the person who answered what they were doing and he answered their questions live on the show. He said they still have information to help if someone with an old NES, SNES, etc. does call in looking for customer service. I think that's awesome.

Edit: just checked and the number is on my original Gameboy box, my Metroid II box, and all my Wii U games. Same number on every product for at least 27 years of my collection there.

Return to “Video Games General”