Least Favorite Bosses?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: Least Favorite Bosses?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Here's another one for me: The Smelter Demon from Dark Souls 2. To be fair, he's an optional boss, so whatever torture you go through here is entirely self-inflicted. But since he's at the midpoint of a particularly tough level, and killing him gives you a bonfire that cuts the level in half, its pretty hard to say no. The Smelter Demon is a huge guy with a huge sword that can kill you in two or three hits, if you're lucky. Also, he's on fire. That means that you take damage just by being close to him-- which you have to do in order to hit him! From Software really showed how sadistic they are by putting this guy in this place. Screw him.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » October 18th, 2017, 3:25 pm

The mud boss in the first stage of Wily's Castle in Mega Man 1. In the NES version, there is the 'pause glitch' that you can abuse to kill him, but in the later releases, like in Megaman Anniversary, it isn't there. I have never been able to beat that damn mud guy without the pause trick. Last time I tried this was last week. Never even got him to half way health, let alone close to death.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 16th, 2018, 12:03 am

Got a new one! Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played, but Xord is still one of the worst bosses I've ever fought. He's not that bad once you figure out what to do... key words: figure it out. There is a very specific string of actions you need to complete before you're able to hurt him. Until then, your attacks will just bounce off him. The fact that he hits hard, can easily separate you from the rest of your party, and summons a ton of tiny minions to pester you while you struggle to hit him with the right order of attacks... I actually stopped playing for a while, started over a couple months later, and intentionally overleveled myself for this fight thinking that would make it easier. Nope! I nearly gave up again, until I cheated and looked up the secret to beating him.

bestazy

Postby bestazy » January 24th, 2018, 11:10 am

Favourite has to be Soul of Cinder - that was such a fucking atmospheric boss fight - best ending I could've asked for. Second would definitely be Pontiff, though - he was a fun guy to beat the piss out of.

Least favourite is a tie between the aggravatingly annoying Champion Gundyr and Dancer. I've never enjoyed fights I've had to take slower, and both of those felt like a slog.
My website

Return to “Video Games General”