Atari Flashback?

General and high profile video game topics.
Atariboy

Re: Atari Flashback?

Postby Atariboy » August 15th, 2017, 8:15 pm

They just initiated their Namco relationship, so hopefully those appear down the road on their HD consoles. If not, hopefully SD rom loading fills that hole.

I'm also fond of the Pole Position port and would like to see that appear. And similar to the Pac-Man 4k homebrew on the Atari Flashback Portable 2, there's a nice Rally-X homebrew from 3 or 4 years ago that would fit in well.

Is there a decent Galaga homebrew for the 2600 anywhere, I wonder?

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » August 16th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Is there a decent Galaga homebrew for the 2600 anywhere, I wonder?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. And to tell you the truth, I often wonder why there wasn't a version of Galaga ported to the 2600 back in the day. Sure, it's more than lilely that it'd pale in comparison to the arcade version or some of the other versions ported to other, more powerful consoles at the time. But I also feel that it'd still would've been a pretty solid game. After all, Space Invaders and Galaxian turned out pretty well for the good ol' 2600, am I right?

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » August 16th, 2017, 11:45 pm

If I'm reading AtariAge correctly, this now will have 130 games and will include 19 additional Activision and Imagic games. Just what games those 19 are remains to be confirmed, but here's the 9 that will not be crossing over from the regular gold edition's 120 game lineup.

-Chase It (Good Deal Games)
-Escape It (Good Deal Games)
-Frogger (Konami; Modern AtGames port of the arcade classic)
-Front Line (Taito)
-Jungle Hunt (Taito)
-Miss It (Good Deal Games)
-Polaris (Taito)
-Shield Shifter (Good Deal Games)
-Space Invaders (Taito; Modern AtGames port of the arcade classic)

Probably a trade-off that few will complain about. Several solid efforts are being cut here, including a favorite 2600 game for some people with Jungle Hunt. But given the high quality of the Activision and Imagic libraries, I imagine most will want the Activision edition.
Last edited by Atariboy on August 17th, 2017, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Video Games General”