Street Fighter II getting special anniversary cartridge

General and high profile video game topics.
Crummylion

Street Fighter II getting special anniversary cartridge

Postby Crummylion » August 31st, 2017, 11:23 am

Strange how we're getting Street Fighter 2 again when we just had Ultra, but this seems to be a reproduction cartridge for the Snes with box and all. It's pretty expensive but I was wondering if anyone here had any interest. Here's link.
https://store.iam8bit.com/products/stre ... ry-edition

ActRaiser

Re: Street Fighter II getting special anniversary cartridge

Postby ActRaiser » August 31st, 2017, 12:35 pm

Did you read the warning message below the ads on that page?

I've copied/pasted it. It's hilarious.

WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 31st, 2017, 5:36 pm

Just read this article myself.

Never thought I'd see the day when Capcom puts out a new SNES cart!

I suspect the "fire" warning discussed in the article was just some stuff the lawyers told them they needed to include. I've never heard of an SNES bursting into flames.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 31st, 2017, 7:03 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:https://www.forbes.com/sites/mitchwalla ... 84a3042f1f

I'm not sure how you managed to break the link that way, but I'll post a working link to that page for anyone who might be curious.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 31st, 2017, 11:16 pm

Thanks man - I had cut-and-pasted my message from another thread once I realized this was here. Guess that's how it broke the link.

Rev

Postby Rev » September 1st, 2017, 5:36 pm

That's hilarious.. I doubt they expect too many SNES consoles to burst into flame... I wish they would put an extra character or something onto the game. Or at least make it Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (which was never released on SNES). I mean, Capcom has revised SFII like 400 times, I'd think they'd love to put Kim Chow on the game with rapid chopsticking karate action.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 3rd, 2017, 7:35 am

And I thought they were lazy with Akuma, Dan, Sean, "Evil Ryu", and "Violent Ken".

"Hey, if Nintendo can re-release All-Stars for Mario's anniversary, why can't we get in on this cash grab? Let's add 2 rare variant colors, just to piss off collectors."

Return to “Video Games General”