Cartridges making a comeback?

General and high profile video game topics.
astrodomekid

Re: Cartridges making a comeback?

Postby astrodomekid » September 21st, 2017, 10:22 pm

As someone who has an appreciation for the classics in spite of growing up with PS1 and PS2 (I also had a Game Boy Advance, and they had 3 Nintendo 64's at my old daycare), I love the idea of cartridges making a comeback. But even if I didn't already have an original copy of Street Fighter II (SNES) or if the new "Collector's Edition" versions weren't already sold out, I wouldn't buy something that could potentially burn my house down. No, honestly, I'm not even kidding.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » September 22nd, 2017, 10:37 am

I think Critic is Right on a few things but I also think he and some other people are wrong on a few things. 1-I think Carts are making a comeback but I see it as akin to Vinyl Records(something I have been collecting since 1998) Where there will be a big group out there who will take them gladly but it will never reach the HUGE numbers of the heyday of the medium.

2-I don't think you will ever see Physical Media for Games truly go away for good. I think they would lose too much money doing it that way via the angry fans who don't like Digital Downloads of their games.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 22nd, 2017, 12:37 pm

astrodomekid wrote:I wouldn't buy something that could potentially burn my house down. No, honestly, I'm not even kidding.

The fire warning was legal BS. No SNES game is going to burn your house down.

Return to “Video Games General”