Halloween Games?

General and high profile video game topics.
Alucard1191

Re: Halloween Games?

Postby Alucard1191 » September 23rd, 2017, 6:21 pm

I would suggest festers quest for the NES. That definitely has a halloween vibe/theme.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 24th, 2017, 11:34 pm

How about the new Friday the 13th game for PS4/XB1?

It was released for digital download earlier this year, but the physical release comes out October 13. It didn't get great reviews, but the concept sounds cool. The downside for you VGC is that it relies heavily on online play, so that might be a deal-breaker. Dead by Daylight is a very similar game, but it got a bit better reception from critics.

Also, if you've received the latest Game Informer, they did a feature on good survival horror games from the past decade, which might give you some other ideas.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 1st, 2017, 10:24 am

Yeah the online element is a real turn-off, especially for a game like Friday the 13th, which really should be a solitary experience.

The Halloween banners are back - and they look amazing!!

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » October 1st, 2017, 5:58 pm

Since they’ve fixed things , Friday the 13th is very decent and fun, and a single player campaign is to be added, as is more Jason’s , councilors and maps!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 1st, 2017, 8:52 pm

Maybe they should have "fixed" things before it shipped.
I'm not interested in buying the beta on disc, and having to download the "finished" game myself.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » October 2nd, 2017, 1:16 pm

Not a Halloween game per se, but Bully has a great Halloween level.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 2nd, 2017, 4:42 pm

Just found out Amnesia Collection is one of this month's free PS+ games, so if you're thinking about trying it now's your chance!

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » October 8th, 2017, 7:01 pm

I just posted about some retro games that get me ready for Halloween over on my website, The Wolfman's Lounge. Feel free to check out both articles!

https://wolfmanslounge.com/2017/10/05/r ... -part-one/

https://wolfmanslounge.com/2017/10/06/r ... -part-two/

Let me know what you think. I tried to stick to the classic consoles and maybe suggest things that tend to get slightly overlooked in October.

Also, count me in for the new Friday the 13th game when that comes out with the physical release. Very excited that they are adding in a single player mode. Plus, I've heard that it's an absolute blast. I'm not one for online play, but I'm going to have to make an exception for this one. It looks like such an excellent horror game! I'll post some thoughts once I finally get my hands on it!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 8th, 2017, 10:42 pm

I've been playing The Evil Within (Xbox 360) lately and frankly it's been more aggravating than fun. Then again, the game does scare the heck out of me, and isn't that the point? I'll stick with it for a while.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » October 19th, 2017, 9:52 pm

So I started thinking about handheld horror games (hey sometimes you need your horror fix on the go). What are some of your favorite horror games on portable systems? I wrote a list of five suggestions over at The Wolfman's Lounge. Feel free to check them out!

https://wolfmanslounge.com/2017/10/19/h ... ror-games/

While doing some research for this article I came across a game called Vampire Master of Darkness for the Sega Game Gear. It seems to be a pretty decent game (the Critic himself scored it highly). It really makes me want to track down a game gear just to play it! I can't believe I had never even heard of it. Anyone have an opinion of it?

Return to “Video Games General”