My system is better than your system

General and high profile video game topics.
GameOfThrones

My system is better than your system

Postby GameOfThrones » October 9th, 2017, 6:31 pm

At the start it was MB Haunted House was better than monopoly.

Then my VCS is better than your colecovison.

After which it was my atari is better than your c64.

Then my snes is better than your genesis, though to some people that was my Atari st is better than your amiga.

Then ps1 vs Saturn vs Jaguar vs 3do vs n64. Then Ps2 vs dreamcast vs xbox vs virtual boy vs cube. Then wii vs 360 vs ps3 vs gamestick vs ouya.

Finally now we have xbone vs ps4 vs wii u vs switch.

Not a comprehensive list but it does show all though the gaming generations people have been at each others throats proclaiming their console is the one true one. My take is I liked all of them.

Though we know the true winner will be the Atari box. :mrgreen:

Stalvern

Re: My system is better than your system

Postby Stalvern » October 9th, 2017, 10:16 pm

My FM Towns Marty is better than your Amiga CD32.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » October 10th, 2017, 1:34 am

Sony Vs Microsoft, mind boggles, basically the same thing different exclusives. Nintendo hatred seeps through the pores of many a gaming forum. PC cultism stronger than ever. I want to tell people it is only a hobby, I guess that is too rational...

If you could only have one, you could step outside of console wars and just own a gaming PC/Laptop :mrgreen: .

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 10th, 2017, 1:54 pm

My system (PS4) has a decent baseball game, yours (Xbox One) doesn't. End of story, and if we were back in grade school, I'd put an ant in your lunch for even thinking your Microsoft system was better!

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » October 10th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Gaming has always been too much a social/showcase thing for me to ever really get into PC gaming. I like my games on the main TV in the house for all to see, with the music filling the house. Not necessarily loud, just present. This, naturally, is the main reason I dislike the overuse of profanity in modern games.

Sut

Postby Sut » October 10th, 2017, 4:07 pm

It’s a strange tribal behaviour rather like your sports team.

I’d love to say I’m above it....but I’m not.

So my Speccy is better than your C64
My ST is better than your Amiga
And any Sega console is definitely better than the equivalent Nintendo console always and forever.

Ahhh that’s better :mrgreen:

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 10th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Sut wrote:So my Speccy is better than your C64

It amazes me that systems so perfectly unsuited to games were ever able to draw a following based on games, against hardware that could actually scroll a screen without choking to death. Britain in the '80s was a strange, dark place.

GTS

Postby GTS » October 10th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Humans are tribal in nature. Just look a how many countries there are in the world (195). We have an inner need to assemble into mutually exclusive groups. Many other types of mammals do the same thing. Apes and chimps in the wild actually have territories with borders. It probably helps create separation in the gene pool. Anyway, we all know that Sega is the best video game company ever.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 10th, 2017, 9:22 pm

GTS wrote:Anyway, we all know that Sega is the best video game company ever.

A kid gave me a black eye in second grade because I disagreed. But I got the last laugh; our teacher had eyes in the back of her head, and saw the whole thing. He ended up getting grounded, and couldn't go to the White Sox game his dad had tickets to that weekend.

However, if you were talking Ghostbusters in 1987, you couldn't go wrong with the Master System. I'll definitely pass on Great Baseball though.

Sut

Postby Sut » October 11th, 2017, 2:32 am

Stalvern wrote:
Sut wrote:So my Speccy is better than your C64

It amazes me that systems so perfectly unsuited to games were ever able to draw a following based on games, against hardware that could actually scroll a screen without choking to death. Britain in the '80s was a strange, dark place.

Haha yes your right, soon as the consoles gathered pace and developers actually realised they could code for the Amiga without just porting the ST code you did indeed realise how limited these systems were.

But perhaps that’s why we loved them ? The British have always loved the underdog after all.

Return to “Video Games General”