Dr. EA Robotnik strikes again!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Dr. EA Robotnik strikes again!

Postby Sonicx9 » October 17th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Dr. EA Robotnik closes down Visceral Games (of Dead Space fame!) :https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990

Man, more reasons to hate the evil infamous Dr. EA Robotnik as the single worst video game company known to man kind with their terrible business practices/games. I hope they do not close down PopCap Games because that is one of the very few things I like from the EA family tree! After this and their terrible Nintendo Switch support, I am boycotting this terrible company and others should follow suit!

Stalvern

Re: Dr. EA Robotnik strikes again!

Postby Stalvern » October 18th, 2017, 12:36 am

Did Visceral/EA Redwood make a single game besides the Dead Space trio that you even care about? Almost everything they ever did was movie tie-ins or spinoffs of existing series, even while the Dead Space series was ongoing. Then they got new management in 2015 that clearly wasn't up to snuff. The main reason that this even happened was that the big-budget Star Wars game they were working on wasn't appealing to the testers - it would have been an enormous waste to continue with things the way they were. Ultimately, what comes out of all of this is that the people at Visceral aren't going anywhere - they're still going to work at EA, just not on a project that squanders time and money and not under management that doesn't know what to do with them. Not only is this not "evil", it's actively good.

This is going to sound crazy, but EA isn't actually a fat man who wants to kill a hedgehog. It's a company where human beings work. Sometimes, these human beings actually make good decisions. It isn't reasonable to rage like this whenever something happens at EA just because you've already decided that because they're the worst thing, everything they do has to be the worst thing, and nothing good can happen there ever.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » October 18th, 2017, 6:13 pm

EA Killed Criterion.

EA Killed Bullfrog.

EA Killed Pandemic.

EA Killed visceral.

I am noticing a pattern and not a good one. Year after year they bring out the same sports games. Yawn. Even the Critic has gone off Madden and the dude is football mad. Did you see the recent reviews of Bill Walsh etc? Fifa on the switch, I felt that game was well past its sell by date even on xbox. Now if they had made Titanfall 2 for the switch I could see the point. They have three other franchises on the go. Need for speed (yawn), Battlefield (online only yawn) and Star Wars. The jury is out on whether there will be another Mass Effect or Dragon age.

EA are not in my good books just now.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 19th, 2017, 2:47 am

Sorry that I am a little late to the responses but here goes nothing!

Stalvern wrote:Did Visceral/EA Redwood make a single game besides the Dead Space trio that you even care about? Almost everything they ever did was movie tie-ins or spinoffs of existing series, even while the Dead Space series was ongoing. Then they got new management in 2015 that clearly wasn't up to snuff. The main reason that this even happened was that the big-budget Star Wars game they were working on wasn't appealing to the testers - it would have been an enormous waste to continue with things the way they were. Ultimately, what comes out of all of this is that the people at Visceral aren't going anywhere - they're still going to work at EA, just not on a project that squanders time and money and not under management that doesn't know what to do with them. Not only is this not "evil", it's actively good.

This is going to sound crazy, but EA isn't actually a fat man who wants to kill a hedgehog. It's a company where human beings work. Sometimes, these human beings actually make good decisions. It isn't reasonable to rage like this whenever something happens at EA just because you've already decided that because they're the worst thing, everything they do has to be the worst thing, and nothing good can happen there ever.

As for me doing Anti-EA stuff like the forum post, I am not alone because many people on the internet love to bash/hate on/call out on EA and many of their infamous shenanigans from the past via social media/forums/YouTube, etc. So it is not out of place for us gamers to do this, especially with this recent announcement going on. Many people have even made videos related with this situation.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOSUWFgLWGU And I am allowed to bash/hate on/call out on EA whether you like it or not. Because if people did call out companies for bad things in the past like the Xbox One DRM situation or the Mass Effect 3 ending, the fans got their wish to fix the problems later on, so it is good to do things like this so companies can improve to make gaming better.

And as far as me calling EA Dr. EA Robotnik. It is just a joke name referencing the evilness of EA with a famous video game villain. And if you thought that name was offensive, that is nothing as I have seen people compare EA on social media/YouTube to Hitler, Stalin, Donald Trump in their fan nick names that are much worse then what I came up with.

GameOfThrones wrote:EA Killed Criterion.

EA Killed Bullfrog.

EA Killed Pandemic.

EA Killed visceral.

I am noticing a pattern and not a good one. Year after year they bring out the same sports games. Yawn. Even the Critic has gone off Madden and the dude is football mad. Did you see the recent reviews of Bill Walsh etc? Fifa on the switch, I felt that game was well past its sell by date even on xbox. Now if they had made Titanfall 2 for the switch I could see the point. They have three other franchises on the go. Need for speed (yawn), Battlefield (online only yawn) and Star Wars. The jury is out on whether there will be another Mass Effect or Dragon age.

EA are not in my good books just now.

Yes, they love to kill everything they touch with their poisonous hands such as Origin Systems, Maxis, Westwood Studios, Virgin Interactive's North American Operations, DreamWorks Interactive, etc.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... ronic_Arts Which I hate with a passion for them doing this because for 1 of the companies they killed Virgin Interactive' US made my and many childhood classic game Cool Spot which makes me sad! This proves that people need to have a vendetta against this evil company to give them a taste of their median!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 19th, 2017, 3:11 am

GameOfThrones wrote:EA Killed Criterion.

EA Killed Bullfrog.

EA Killed Pandemic.

EA Killed visceral.

Visceral was a division of EA from the beginning. It wasn't until after Dead Space was a hit that they even had their own branding. Don't compare this to the martyrdom of Bullfrog, a genuinely visionary creative team crushed in EA's money machine.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 27th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Update: On good old Kotaku.com:https://kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152 they talk about "The Collapse Of Visceral's Ambitious Star Wars Game." Showing us what went on at Visceral Games and EA on the cancelled Star Wars project that never came to be!

Man, another reason to hate Dr. EA Robotnik with their shady cancelling projects and treating employees like total crap just like how Robotnik treats his robot henchmen for his evil deeds!

More good reasons to vendetta against Dr. EA Robotnik with this new article!

scotland

Postby scotland » October 29th, 2017, 9:15 am

The Kotaku article is long, but interesting. The demise of Visceral is traced back years, and there were good reasons EA decided to them down. Reasons include that San Francisco is too expensive, and that talent can be found outside California, there was no way, given the game engine, this was going to make money, the premise was not standard Star Wars fare, and linear play it once and trade it in games are tough to make profit on.

Enough with the Dr Robotnik pejorative. You don't have to like EA, and they made decisions that contributed to Viscerals closing, but this was no cartoon villain plot. Sorry for the 100 people, and hope they find jobs within eA or elsewhere, but they will probably be moving cities.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 29th, 2017, 10:25 am

scotland wrote:The Kotaku article is long, but interesting. The demise of Visceral is traced back years, and there were good reasons EA decided to them down. Reasons include that San Francisco is too expensive, and that talent can be found outside California, there was no way, given the game engine, this was going to make money, the premise was not standard Star Wars fare, and linear play it once and trade it in games are tough to make profit on.

Enough with the Dr Robotnik pejorative. You don't have to like EA, and they made decisions that contributed to Viscerals closing, but this was no cartoon villain plot. Sorry for the 100 people, and hope they find jobs within eA or elsewhere, but they will probably be moving cities.

The whole Dr Robotnik name is just a joke, I can not believe people are offended by it. And mind you I have seen people on the internet call EA way more offensive names than that!

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 29th, 2017, 10:56 am

Now if only SonicX could tackle "Metal Sonic Activision" in his own words (maybe..) Because they keep making Call Of Duty again and again while doing wrong to studios like EA does.

Then Again, I doubt he would mention this. :arrow:

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 29th, 2017, 12:09 pm

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:Now if only SonicX could tackle "Metal Sonic Activision" in his own words (maybe..) Because they keep making Call Of Duty again and again while doing wrong to studios like EA does.

Then Again, I doubt he would mention this. :arrow:

That is verey funny, but right now Activision has not done anything worthy of raging yet that is new. And saying it for the Call of Duty series would be rather redundant at this point. And they did one thing right being that they brought back Crash Bandicoot, which is a plus for me!

Return to “Video Games General”