Mobile Site Fix

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Mobile Site Fix

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 21st, 2017, 7:45 pm

So I was hanging around with my young nephew Jordan today and he was telling me "you should check out your mobile site sometimes - it's pretty cool". I don't own a cell phone.

So he was showing me how well it worked and I told him to check out the new Halloween page. Here we discovered a bug that's probably been around for a while. On a review special there are "read more" links that refresh the whole screen, returning you to to the top when you click on it.

Originally I had designed the mobile pages so you would not have to click read more, which is a pain on a mobile device. So I came home and fixed that. The entire review should display. Let me know if you see any other bugs like that on the site.

Jordan also recommended having a search area per system on top of each index page. For example, you go to the NES mobile screen, and instead of paging to find your game, enter a text search. It's a pretty good idea I may try to implement.

Any other suggestions welcome!

zetax

Re: Mobile Site Fix

Postby zetax » October 21st, 2017, 8:22 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I don't own a cell phone.

You don't own a cell phone? You lucky son of a....

You're living the dream, my boy!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » October 21st, 2017, 9:30 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
Any other suggestions welcome!

You should make it so that the text is responsive. In other words, when you zoom in, the text wraps around as appropriate so that you don't have to do any horizontal scrolling. It's kind of hard to explain, but I'd imagine your web designer would know. But anyway, it would be a nice improvement, because the small text size with the reviews can be a pain to read on a mobile device.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 21st, 2017, 9:49 pm

I know what you're saying. You don't want the reviews to be a fixed width. I'll see what I can do.

Return to “Video Games General”