A New Bubsy Game...

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

A New Bubsy Game...

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 26th, 2017, 10:50 am

Well, I hope TheVideoGameCritic never views this post because I'm sure he'll become disgusted having read through all of his reviews of the Bubsy games, It seems Accolade confirmed in June of this year that a new Bubsy game is coming but unlike Accolade, Two new people are making this game:Black Forest Games and Tommo.

I'm not sure what to think about this game.. It's like Sonic, He's had serious problems trying to be respected as time went on and the results have been between negative and somewhat positive.. But I AM willing to give Bubsy:The Woolies Strike Back the benefit of a doubt if they can prove that the character has changed since the release of Bubsy 3D. 8-)

pacman000

Re: A New Bubsy Game...

Postby pacman000 » October 26th, 2017, 1:26 pm

There's another "new" Busby Game comin' out: Busby 0!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271192 ... i-vcs2600/

;)

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 26th, 2017, 9:12 pm

The PC/PS4 Bubsy game coming next week looks terrible just like the rest of the series!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KIeAY9hHI and to add insult to injury! The graphics in the trailer look god awful for a PS4 game in late 2017 nearly 4 years in the lifespan with the PS4 Pro in the market no less! And what even worse is despite it only coming out on the PC/PS4/PS4 Pro without the base Xbox One/Nintendo Switch in play. It looks way worse then graphically impressive games like Sonic Forces and especially Super Mario Odyssey which are both on lower powered systems like the Nintendo Switch for Super Mario Odyssey case and base Xbox One for Sonic Forces along with the Nintendo Switch/PC/PS4/Pro/Xbox One X look way better then this game making its butt ugly graphics look even more inexcusable!

I hope this flops hardcore because no one asked/wanted a sequel to this infamous series!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » October 27th, 2017, 9:31 am

I actually liked Bubsy on the SNES. It wasn't that bad.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 27th, 2017, 11:15 am

Sonicx9 wrote:The PC/PS4 Bubsy game coming next week looks terrible just like the rest of the series!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KIeAY9hHI and to add insult to injury! The graphics in the trailer look god awful for a PS4 game in late 2017 nearly 4 years in the lifespan with the PS4 Pro in the market no less! And what even worse is despite it only coming out on the PC/PS4/PS4 Pro without the base Xbox One/Nintendo Switch in play. It looks way worse then graphically impressive games like Sonic Forces and especially Super Mario Odyssey which are both on lower powered systems like the Nintendo Switch for Super Mario Odyssey case and base Xbox One for Sonic Forces along with the Nintendo Switch/PC/PS4/Pro/Xbox One X look way better then this game making its butt ugly graphics look even more inexcusable!

I hope this flops hardcore because no one asked/wanted a sequel to this infamous series!

How do you manage to care this much? It's low-budget nostalgia bait aimed at a very limited niche audience. It is incapable of mattering. If you're offended that Bubsy has risen from the grave to have another go at Sonic's throne (ha!) two decades later, you have severely overestimated the situation.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 27th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Sonic is just.. Not there anymore to me, The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Heroes on Nintendo Gamecube/Playstation 2 and while it was ok it was the last one I ever enjoyed.. Shadow The Hedgehog's combination of Sonic's gameplay plus guns and vehicles left a sour note for me, Even Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was a huge letdown for us..Old sonic gamers.

Responding to SonicX9, Yes, I've seen the Sonic Forces trailer along with pre-render images and details on it but honestly it just looks like another Shadow The Hedgehog game, The fact that one can make their own character in game also gives me bad memories of the "Sonic Fanbois" that plagued DeviantArt and Youtube for sometime. Mainly, I DON'T hate Sonic but I don't believe he will ever be popular again after that fiasco with Sonic BooM. :evil:

Sut

Postby Sut » October 27th, 2017, 1:49 pm

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:Sonic is just.. Not there anymore to me, The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Heroes on Nintendo Gamecube/Playstation 2 and while it was ok it was the last one I ever enjoyed.. Shadow The Hedgehog's combination of Sonic's gameplay plus guns and vehicles left a sour note for me, Even Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was a huge letdown for us..Old sonic gamers.

Responding to SonicX9, Yes, I've seen the Sonic Forces trailer along with pre-render images and details on it but honestly it just looks like another Shadow The Hedgehog game, The fact that one can make their own character in game also gives me bad memories of the "Sonic Fanbois" that plagued DeviantArt and Youtube for sometime. Mainly, I DON'T hate Sonic but I don't believe he will ever be popular again after that fiasco with Sonic BooM. :evil:

You have played Sonic Mania right ?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 27th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:The PC/PS4 Bubsy game coming next week looks terrible just like the rest of the series!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KIeAY9hHI and to add insult to injury! The graphics in the trailer look god awful for a PS4 game in late 2017 nearly 4 years in the lifespan with the PS4 Pro in the market no less! And what even worse is despite it only coming out on the PC/PS4/PS4 Pro without the base Xbox One/Nintendo Switch in play. It looks way worse then graphically impressive games like Sonic Forces and especially Super Mario Odyssey which are both on lower powered systems like the Nintendo Switch for Super Mario Odyssey case and base Xbox One for Sonic Forces along with the Nintendo Switch/PC/PS4/Pro/Xbox One X look way better then this game making its butt ugly graphics look even more inexcusable!

How do you manage to care this much? It's low-budget nostalgia bait aimed at a very limited niche audience. It is incapable of mattering. If you're offended that Bubsy has risen from the grave to have another go at Sonic's throne (ha!) two decades later, you have severely overestimated the situation.

I know that I am reacting to a game that I have yet to play/yet to come out, it just I have an ultra low expectations based on the franchises not so good track record. And mind you Dave the Video Game Critic rip the franchise to shreds in the in the past. So I do not think he/others are going to give this game very high scores. I could be wrong? It just I am not getting high hopes for this game unless it gets a decent rep from critics/users on Metacritic. So I will find out about it rep next week.

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:Sonic is just.. Not there anymore to me, The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Heroes on Nintendo Gamecube/Playstation 2 and while it was ok it was the last one I ever enjoyed.. Shadow The Hedgehog's combination of Sonic's gameplay plus guns and vehicles left a sour note for me, Even Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was a huge letdown for us..Old sonic gamers.

As for Sonic Forces, right now I am cautiously optimistic as I am not sure if the game is good or not. The main reason is it done by the same team that made the well regarded Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations which are two of the best 3D Sonic games after both Sonic Adventure 1 and ,2 and some even go as far and say they are both better then the former's which I 100% agree with. But the big make and break for me is the Metacritic scores from both critics/gamers alike. Because one game I was looking forward to earlier this year was Yooka-Laylee, because I was a huge fan of the Banjo-Kazooie series growing up, and thought it was going to be the next Shovel Knight but even better after the mess that was Mighty No. 9 from last year. But after the infamous JonTron scandal.: https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/23/15039 ... -playtonic, Playtonic being shady just like Mighty No. 9: http://www.craveonline.com/entertainmen ... l#/slide/1, console ports problems at launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngoNPThzSJk mixed reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... oka-laylee, and especially this review: http://www.thejimquisition.com/yooka-laylee-review/ and this video!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Jzloqqe2s I lost all interest in this game because it exposed just how poor quality most Kickstarter games as a whole! So I will wait till reviews come in for Sonic Forces before judging it ok.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 27th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I know that I am reacting to a game that I have yet to play/yet to come out, it just I have an ultra low expectations based on the franchises not so good track record. And mind you Dave the Video Game Critic rip the franchise to shreds in the in the past. So I do not think he/others are going to give this game very high scores. I could be wrong? It just I am not getting high hopes for this game unless it gets a decent rep from critics/users on Metacritic. So I will find out about it rep next week.

Of course the new Bubsy is going to suck. Every frame of the trailer is a bore. What I don't understand is why it's so important to you if it sucks or not. Getting hung up on this is like getting hung up on a Hootie and the Blowfish comeback album. Aren't you better off thinking about literally anything else? Go outside, read a book, get some perspective.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 28th, 2017, 11:28 am

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:I know that I am reacting to a game that I have yet to play/yet to come out, it just I have an ultra low expectations based on the franchises not so good track record. And mind you Dave the Video Game Critic rip the franchise to shreds in the in the past. So I do not think he/others are going to give this game very high scores. I could be wrong? It just I am not getting high hopes for this game unless it gets a decent rep from critics/users on Metacritic. So I will find out about it rep next week.

Of course the new Bubsy is going to suck. Every frame of the trailer is a bore. What I don't understand is why it's so important to you if it sucks or not. Getting hung up on this is like getting hung up on a Hootie and the Blowfish comeback album. Aren't you better off thinking about literally anything else? Go outside, read a book, get some perspective.

The thing is I have been wrong in the past when I thought something was good or bad. For example, I thought that Wonder Woman 2017 movie was going to suck because of my HATRED for both Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad. But after the awesome review reputation came in/me seeing it for myself that movie took me by surprise and it was amazing. I know I used a movie example, but here is a video game example from along time ago. When I was young I thought that Spyro: Season of Ice for the Game Boy Advance was going to be awesome as a massive Spyro the Dragon fan, after the 3 awesome PS1 games at the time period. But I got the game and liked it at first but the more I played it, the more I hated it. And then I regretted buying that game making it one of the most disappointing games of all time tied with Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly as the downfall for the once great series that I loved. And to add insult to injury, I chose that game over the much better Klonoa: Empire of Dreams for the same system at my local Toys“R”Us. Later I sold Spyro: Season of Ice and went tracking down Klonoa: Empire of Dreams and buying that game and never looked back because my fanboy-ism of Spyro is what cursed me into getting Spyro: Season of Ice!

Return to “Video Games General”