A New Bubsy Game...

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Re: A New Bubsy Game...

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 28th, 2017, 12:17 pm

While I would've loved to have seen a new Jazz Jackrabbit, Spyro, Or Bokutai video game.. I guess it's better than nothing considering that only a few people are trying to bring back old 1990 "icons".

Mainly, I'm done with sonic after playing through Sonic Mania on my PS4, It just doesn't feel like a true sonic game but rather a horrible Sonic CD side project.. :idea:

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » October 29th, 2017, 4:05 pm

I can only pray that Sonic will one day return to his former glory. Bubsy, on the other hand, should have been left to rot. Bubsy 3D is no joke the worst video game I’ve ever played, and it baffles me why anyone would try to bring him of all 90’s mascots back from the grave, ESPECIALLY after that atrocity. Worst of all, the Spyro the Dragon trilogy - which holds a special place in my heart - has yet to have a remaster of any kind confirmed!

Do yourselves a favor, and DO NOT BUY THE NEW BUBSY!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 29th, 2017, 4:54 pm

astrodomekid wrote:I can only pray that Sonic will one day return to his former glory. Bubsy, on the other hand, should have been left to rot. Bubsy 3D is no joke the worst video game I’ve ever played, and it baffles me why anyone would try to bring him of all 90’s mascots back from the grave, ESPECIALLY after that atrocity.

Kitsch value. It's precisely because he was so bad the first time around that anyone remembers him at all.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 29th, 2017, 5:05 pm

astrodomekid wrote:I can only pray that Sonic will one day return to his former glory. Bubsy, on the other hand, should have been left to rot. Bubsy 3D is no joke the worst video game I’ve ever played, and it baffles me why anyone would try to bring him of all 90’s mascots back from the grave, ESPECIALLY after that atrocity. Worst of all, the Spyro the Dragon trilogy - which holds a special place in my heart - has yet to have a remaster of any kind confirmed!

Do yourselves a favor, and DO NOT BUY THE NEW BUBSY!

Good point, I hope this does flop because no one asked for this game!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » October 29th, 2017, 5:16 pm

For the people hating on Bubsy, have you actually tried it?

It's an average game at best. Actually, when you look at the reader ratings here at the critic's site it's sitting at a C- with 71 ratings so far. I don't know, instead of hating on something to be "cool" why not try it yourself and think for yourself before jumping on the bandwagon. It's good to keep an open mind or so I've been told. ;)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 29th, 2017, 7:16 pm

I'm still trying to block all memories of the original Bubsy out of my mind.
It's taken years of counseling!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 29th, 2017, 7:40 pm

ActRaiser wrote:For the people hating on Bubsy, have you actually tried it?

It's an average game at best. Actually, when you look at the reader ratings here at the critic's site it's sitting at a C- with 71 ratings so far. I don't know, instead of hating on something to be "cool" why not try it yourself and think for yourself before jumping on the bandwagon. It's good to keep an open mind or so I've been told. ;)

I think that more of the hatred comes from the obnoxiousness of Bubsy himself than from his games, but they are not good either way. Of the 2D ones, I've only played the first, but from what I've seen of the other two, they're basically the same. The controls are fidgety and have a baffling model of "inertia" that makes Bubsy zig-zag all over the place when he jumps, Bubsy dies in one hit but sprints toward every enemy and hazard like he has a death wish, and the levels are sprawling messes full of dead ends and doors that send you back the way you came. Pretty much the only way to play the game is to just glide straight through, since that lets Bubsy both move at a reasonable speed and kill enemies when he hits them. This is safe but never fun. The one thing that I can praise is the catchy music.

I've also played Bubsy 3D, but the less said about that game, the better.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » October 30th, 2017, 9:03 am

I really don't know about Bubsy anymore, His games were hard and they often didn't make sense but I will play this new to see how it is, Considering that the PS4 doesn't let you truly get rid of games by putting it into a library I really don't have a choice in the matter anyway.

There's talks of bringing back Spyro and Medevil but I doubt it will happen (mainly for spyro).

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 31st, 2017, 3:54 pm

Update: The new Bubsy game is now available, but unfortunately no reviews yet: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... trike-back, which is typically a bad sign! But the positive news it has gotten good rep from Metacritc. But I will wait till more jury is out as the game just came out today.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 5th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Fantastic news. I hear they are bringing back slave zero as well.

Maybe the Switch will get a release game as well.

I hear that the Xbox 1 is being spared.

Return to “Video Games General”