A New Bubsy Game...

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Re: A New Bubsy Game...

Postby Sonicx9 » November 5th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Update: Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back has a mediocre rep from Metacritic critics review: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... trike-back and http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bubsy ... trike-back, but has mixed to somewhat positive by users for the PS4 version. And mix user reviews by steam users: http://store.steampowered.com/app/62791 ... rike_Back/. I knew this game was going to suck, so it does not surprise me at all it being treated the way it is. Now the only thing left is to have the critic rip this game to shreds with either a D or F grade range!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » November 5th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Settle down, buddy. From what you've posted, this isn't D or F; it's C or D. That's what the word "mediocre" literally means - "middling". And did you even look at any of these reviews you're linking? People are saying that the game isn't terrible (or especially good), just way too short for the price. I'd probably end up giving it a D myself, but that's because it seems shallow and unsatisfying, not because it's a disaster that needs to be "ripped to shreds".

Why does everything have to be either the greatest thing ever or a horrible catastrophe with you? Don't you ever get tired of it?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » November 5th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Stalvern wrote:Settle down, buddy. From what you've posted, this isn't D or F; it's C or D. That's what the word "mediocre" literally means - "middling". And did you even look at any of these reviews you're linking? People are saying that the game isn't terrible (or especially good), just way too short for the price. I'd probably end up giving it a D myself, but that's because it seems shallow and unsatisfying, not because it's a disaster that needs to be "ripped to shreds".

Why does everything have to be either the greatest thing ever or a horrible catastrophe with you? Don't you ever get tired of it?

I should have said it got mediocre reviews instead, it just that I was thinking of how dave the video game critic if he was going to review the new Bubsy game, knowing he HATES the series with a passion!

I am sorry of doing the "everything have to be either the greatest thing ever or a horrible catastrophe". It is my fault of trying to be another, ReviewTechUSA, AlphaOmegaSin, Jim Sterling from YouTube as these people on love to do that thing. It just that it mostly for humor/attention reason and unfortunately it works to well for the wrong revisions.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » November 5th, 2017, 10:41 pm

But the Ironic thing of all is that people that hyped up how bad it would be like Kokatu and Gamespot were in the end giving average reviews, One player on a Playstation group was grumbling "Ok Bubsy, You may have an average game but that doesn't mean that people don't like you even after all these years".

Regarding Sonic i do wish Sega would focus on older stuff like Jet Set Radio and Super Monkey Ball, Sonic just isn't a series that should've been given a chance after the disaster of Sonic '06

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » November 5th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Honestly, what annoys me about this new Bubsy game is that, looking at reviews and videos, barely anything has changed from the original games besides the graphics. The developers had their chance to take this game in literally any direction they wanted without upsetting Bubsy's nonexistent fanbase, but they instead chose to make it more of the same.

For example, the game could have had a very meta plot about Bubsy trying to redeem his image in the eyes of the gaming industry and it could have taken all sorts of jabs at the (lack of) quality of his previous outings. Alternatively, they could have given Bubsy the Conker treatment and made him a much more cynical, vulgar character to poke fun at the current AAA game atmosphere. The game was developed by the same team beyond Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, a fun revival of another previously dormant game franchise, so the people working on it were clearly competent enough to make a genuinely good game, but sadly it doesn't sound like they bothered to.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 6th, 2017, 3:06 am

I’ve watched some gameplay footage and to be fair it’s nowhere in the league of the previous games and it looks a decent platform romp.
Biggest issue is the price, more than Sonic Mania !
If this was in the £5 - £10 range I think it would have a decent take up.
Maybe it will end up on PS+ someday.

Return to “Video Games General”