Wii U the new Dreamcast?

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Re: Wii U the new Dreamcast?

Postby Sonicx9 » November 27th, 2017, 10:13 pm

I would say the Wii U was close to the US Sega Master System in being a failure then both the Sega Saturn and the Sega Dreamcast because of the abysmal 3rd party support. Especially with over 300 games for Everything But Wii U!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmymKfwAteQ Their where many things they could have change to save the console and the one thing is releasing Super Smash Bros. 2014 aka for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U a Wii U only game without a 3DS version alongside it. As more people would have bought a Wii U just for that game alone, especially because big exclusives help move sales and that is a fact! Agree/Disagree with me. I would like to here your thoughts?

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » November 28th, 2017, 10:38 am

Are you kidding me? The Nintendo Wii U might have suffered like the dreamcast but in no way is it the next Dreamcast because let's face.. Unlike the dreamcast which had quite revolutionary features and graphics at the time, The Wii U tanked in both third party games and in general redeeming factors. Hell, The only use for my Wii U is the internet browser.

Sure the Wii U did have some good games when it first came out and later on in it's short life, But the thing holding it back? Was the fact that it was in no way for nintendo to show how it had jumped to "HD" gaming..No, Nintendo really tripped on their shoelaces attempting to prove it could match the upcoming PS4 and Xbox One. :evil:

scotland

Postby scotland » November 28th, 2017, 2:52 pm

We also had this discussion last year comparing the WiiU to the Atari 7800

http://videogamecritic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=134797&t=14415&p=143219&hilit=7800+WiiU#p143219

Return to “Video Games General”