Atarifever wrote:matmico399 wrote:I’ve read about the Machete order and everyone praises it. I will finally try this myself.
The best parts are with this order:
1) You notice Luke at the beginning of Return of the Jedi is acting just like Anakin from the end of "Revenge of the Sith." He even force chokes a couple guards and tells Jaba not to defy him in the first scenes.
2) Midechlorines are not any kind of important and are barely even mentioned.
3) A child never falls in love with an adult he ends up with, because that is super gross.
4) Obi Wan always looks like Obi Wan.
5) Jar Jar is in, like, 3 minutes of film.
6) All the surprises remain surprises for any "first time" viewers you watch with (Luke and Leia aren't born and named until the end of Episode 5, right before Return if the Jedi).
I believe I also read it lets Palpatine's reveal remain something of a surprise, but have only watched in this order once (about to start again tonight actually), so I'm hazy on that one.
I did initially dismiss this but you make interesting points which have intrigued me. Will give it a try.