Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

General and high profile video game topics.
LoganRuckman

Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

Postby LoganRuckman » January 8th, 2018, 7:10 am

Okay, so I know everyone and their mother is constantly asking for new IP. And I totally get that. Sometimes, you want to see some fresh faces rather than the same old, same old that many companies love to pump out. But what about those games or series that have seemingly been forgotten or died out? In this thread, we discuss those games.

Paper Mario- I know, I know. Color Splash came out barely a year ago. But did you know that it's been nearly 14 years since we've had a traditional Paper Mario game? It's high time they made a new turn based PM, with timed hits, partners, funny dialogue, and magic relics to collect that give you special attacks. The original was fantastic, and The Thousand Year Door is one of the greatest games I've ever played, so it's a shame that it's been that long since we've had one in that style.

Herschie

Re: Games That Need Sequels Or Revivals?

Postby Herschie » January 8th, 2018, 10:50 am

2K Football and EA Sports baseball. I hate these exclusive contracts.

Another Fight Night wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Howbout a decent Indiana Jones game?

jon

Postby jon » January 8th, 2018, 1:17 pm

I'd also go with NFL 2k series. While College Hoops 2k8 was the definitive basketball game, with an amazing legacy mode that went out with a bang and didn't really need a follow up as far as I'm concerned. The NFL 2k series however, was just scratching the surface on being a legit all time great game, and could've gotten there.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » January 8th, 2018, 2:44 pm

If I could have my choice ,,, Kingdom of Amular, Dragons Dogma, Gun, a new gauntlet, dark alliance, champions of norrath, to name a few

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 8th, 2018, 2:45 pm

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm

I would like a new syndicate. I know they made the first person fps last gen but it was tragic.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » January 9th, 2018, 2:35 pm

A new Shadow Man would be great, Having rediscovered the n64 game and it's sequel 2nd coming

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 9th, 2018, 5:10 pm

My standard answer would be Crash Bandicoot, but he did get a revival a few months ago so...

How about Imagic's Dragonfire? Nothing too fancy; just a bridge stage and a dragon stage, with new graphics. Maybe add holes to the bridge you have to jump over, or make the dragon stage isometric, so you have to climb up, under, over, and around things while dodging the dragon's fireballs and collecting treasure. Then again, maybe any re-boot would ruin the concept by making it too complex. Seems to have happened that way to most Atari reboots.

Jungle Hunt's a fun concept, and not a bad name. If you stuck with the general concept it might not be a bad reboot.

Puzzle Bobble. I'd love a new version. Perhaps one that collects all the games into one package and provides new stages as a bonus? Puzzle Bobble Collection?

Some of Atari's late 80's games might be fun if revived. Is Al Lewis' family willing to negotiate?

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » January 9th, 2018, 7:24 pm

I would love to see a Mario Strikers on the Switch!

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » January 9th, 2018, 7:57 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a modernized Baldur's Gate 1+2. Maybe with a graphic style/interface similar to Dragon Age Origins. I would also love a traditional style Action Points Turn Based Fallout game like Fallout 1+2, or just a remake of Fallout 1+2.

Planescape Torment could use a remake/sequel as well in my opinion. I'm sensing a pattern with my answers.

Return to “Video Games General”