How is Your original Xbox and PS2 Hooked Up?

General and high profile video game topics.
JustLikeHeaven

How is Your original Xbox and PS2 Hooked Up?

Postby JustLikeHeaven » January 11th, 2018, 3:45 pm

Just curious how y'all have these two systems hooked up to newer HD TVs? I'm planning on hooking mine up for the first time in years and was curious whats the latest and greatest hook ups. Are there any good HDMI converters or anything like that? I feel out of the loop.

Thanks!

Robotrek

Re: How is Your original Xbox and PS2 Hooked Up?

Postby Robotrek » January 11th, 2018, 4:28 pm

My PS2 for the longest time has been hooked up to my EDTV CRT, which looks AMAZING. But, if you're planning to hook it up to an HDTV, HDMI converters ARE available, but I can not vouch for the quality. I have however used a FrameMeister before. While the hookup is a tad complicated, it looks pretty damned good. If you HAVE to use an HDTV, I'd say invest in a scaler. Otherwise, play them the way they were meant to be played.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 11th, 2018, 5:46 pm

I have my Xbox, PS2, and GameCube all connected via component cables using an old switchbox I got from Gamestop a long time ago. Since just about all Xbox/GameCube games run in progressive scan, they look at play well on an HDTV.

The PS2 is another story. Most of the time I just play it on an old-style CRT TV (via component cable) because it seems like most games have an interlaced video output. Plus I have a few light gun games for that which obviously require the CRT.

zetax

Postby zetax » January 11th, 2018, 8:09 pm

I've got one of my PS2s hooked-up via an HDMI adapter. Here's a link to the forum post about it (and Wii and DC VGA/HDMI adapters.)

http://videogamecritic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=134793&t=14601

PS2 stuff is on page 2. There are also component-to-HDMI adapters available from Amazon, I believe.

Return to “Video Games General”