Review Wish List

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Review Wish List

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 13th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Are there any games the Critic hasn't review that you'd like him to? List them here! I'm not doing this to pressure the Critic into reviewing anything, but hopefully he finds some new games he would either enjoy and/or enjoy tearing apart.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn. One of the top contenders for 2017's game of the year. I'm interested in the Critic's take on it.

2. Any of the Sniper Elite games. I love stealth, and I love sniping, so a game that focuses entirely on both instead of throwing them in as a second thought really caught my attention. I wonder what the Critic would think?

Teddybear

Re: Review Wish List

Postby Teddybear » January 13th, 2018, 1:19 pm

It would be cool to have the "holy grail" cartridge games for the Intellivision reviewed someday - Spiker and Stadium Mud Buggies. And maybe that awful Super Pro Decathlon game too (which ranks amongst my most regrettable video game purchases off of Ebay.) Even though Beamrider has been reviewed for other systems my particular favorite version is the Intellivision's (which is also missing.)

But what I'd really like to see reviewed is Activision's Zenji for the Colecovision. I consider myself somewhat intelligent but still can't really figure out what this puzzle game is about.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 13th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Tetris for the Game Boy.

I know, you've played a dozen versions of Tetris, but the Game Boy version is so significant to the system your collection of reviews seems odd without it. It's like having an Atari 2600 section without Combat or a NES section without Super Mario Bros. Tetris was the Game Boy's pack-in game and Killer App; it deserves a review for history's sake.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » January 13th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Pokemon Snap

End of wish list.

Also Jet Force Gemini or Kirby 64.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 13th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Your wish is my command!

Not really, but do plan on reviewing many of these. Still I have an Intellivision ROM cart, I should be able to tackle the Spikers (but not till summer) and Mud Buggies (sooner). The Tetris idea seems pretty obvious - I'll need to check if I own that or not!

Jet Force Gemini is on my list (I have that) but those stealth games don't sound very appealing at this time.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 13th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Am I missing something? I'm not seeing any replies except mine and the Critic's.
Edit: I see them now! That was weird.
Last edited by DaHeckIzDat on January 13th, 2018, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » January 13th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Body Harvest, I've requested this one for YEARS.

Super Retrocade. With the way he gushed over the Generations, he might have a heart attack over the much better done retrocade.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 13th, 2018, 10:40 pm

The 2600 version of Fathom has a review, but the REAL version on the ColecoVision doesn't. This is a problem.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 14th, 2018, 3:56 am

Pokemon Snap (N64): Critic, I have to second Retrology, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by this one! I know you're not a Pokemon fan, and neither am I, but Pokemon Snap is a totally different game (in fact, ignore that "Pokemon" is even in the title). Check out Retrology's recent review of the game in the Reader Reviews section. Very unique, and probably the best game missing from your N64 reviews.

North & South (NES): I've advocated for this one for years, so I'll throw that out there again. A little pricey, but it's a true hidden gem on the NES (and great 2-player game), so it'd be good to see your take on it.

Final Fantasy VII (PS1): I've mentioned this one over the years too, since I think it's the most notable missing review from the entire site. A few reasons... It was so hugely popular and influential in the 90s and still is today, it was the biggest game on the PS1 (only Gran Turismo shipped more copies, but that was a pack-in game at one point), and it may be the most important RPG ever released in terms of what it did for the genre and industry. (Even if my username indicates a little bias.) I know this one wouldn't be a priority due to the time commitment, but I hope you can give it a shot someday - would be cool to hear your personal take on it.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » January 14th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Shadow Man on Nintendo 64:This game which at the time I didn't know of it's "mature" content is as close as one can get to an N64 version of Silent Hill combined with the suspense of Resident Evil. It's controls have isues but this game is one of the better horror games on n64 (aside from Nightmare Creatures)

Aidyn Chronicles:The First Mage on N64:This late game from THQ was a game I missed in the old days but having gotten ahold of it for 45 dollars on ebay, This RPG game plays very much like Final Fantasy and Star Ocean.. It's camera though is a mess. ;) ;)

Return to “Video Games General”