Review Wish List

General and high profile video game topics.
rockofhysteria

Re: Review Wish List

Postby rockofhysteria » January 15th, 2018, 2:40 am

I would love to see Critic Review Back To The Future 3 for the Genesis I swear it's got to be the worst movie game of the entire decade of the 90's lol

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » January 15th, 2018, 6:37 am

Here is my current wish list for reviews! :

NES:
FireHawk
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Kiwi Kraze
North and South
Tecmo World Wrestling

XEGS:
Crystal Castles
Galaxian
Gateway to Apshai
Gemstone Warrior
Miner 2049er
Popeye
Zone Ranger

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » January 15th, 2018, 7:57 am

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (Nintendo DS) - I never played it, but I wonder if the game's worth the high price it's going for now (and I also wonder how much this game still has to do with Zelda...)

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » January 15th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Hotline Miami (import physical release for PS4 and Vita)

Shadow Complex (limited physical release for PS4; digital on 360)

Binding of Isaac (physical release for Switch and PS4)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence (physical release for PS3 and 360)

Super Meat Boy (import physical release for the PS4)

Portal 2 (physical release for PS3 and 360)

Rule of Rose (PS2)

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » January 15th, 2018, 1:05 pm

velcrozombie wrote:Shadow Complex (limited physical release for PS4; digital on 360)

Let me second this.. Still my all-time favorite downloadable game. I was blown away by this game when I played it on the 360 in 2009. It's a 2D shooter and Metroidvania game crossed together, like a mix of Metroid, Contra, and Uncharted. I think it would have been an easy A-range score for the VGC back in 2009, and I assume it's held up well. I know the Critic is against downloadable titles, but this is worth an exception if there ever was one. Or search ebay for the physical release, but it's much more expensive.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 15th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Since he enjoyed the Arkham games, I'm curious what his opinion on Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War would be. Usually he would leave those kinds of games to me and the other RPG reviewers, but I think since this is more action than RPG he would probably enjoy it just fine.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » January 15th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Teddybear wrote:It would be cool to have the "holy grail" cartridge games for the Intellivision reviewed someday - Spiker and Stadium Mud Buggies. And maybe that awful Super Pro Decathlon game too [...] Even though Beamrider has been reviewed for other systems my particular favorite version is the Intellivision's (which is also missing.)

AtariToday wrote:NES: FireHawk

I second these. I always like seeing new coverage of those interesting late Intellivision titles. And Firehawk is a nice unlicensed game that's sort of like Raid on Bungeling Bay on steroids.

As for my own wishlist, my biggest interest is seeing the existing libraries fully reviewed:

viewtopic.php?f=5084&t=15667

The completist in me loves the idea of having an overview of a console's entire US library. :) Beyond that, lemme think:

Odyssey²: Loony Balloon (oddball import that's frustrating but addictive)

NES: Bad Dudes (surprising this hasn't been reviewed!), Captain Comic (unlicensed, DOS port, sort of Metroid-ish)

Philips CD-i: Kingdom: The Far Reaches (1980s laserdisc adventure game reskinned for the 1990s; also on 3DO), Kingdom II: Shadoan (its sequel), Steel Machine (brutal little shooter that's oh-so-nineties)

PlayStation: Steel Harbinger (in progress already?)

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » January 16th, 2018, 6:30 am

Pandora's Tower for Wii. It's one of the last releases for the system in NA (certainly the last AAA release here). I really like the game, and I think the Critic may believe it's an RPG like the other 2 "Operation Rainfall" games. It's actually a God of War style action game.

Wii versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition, Call of Duty Black Ops, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. Given the main systems these titles were developed for, I don't think the developers get enough credit for making these fit on the Wii. These are very solid versions of these three games. They're all even still online.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » January 16th, 2018, 7:38 am

I suppose The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (I'd recommend the DX colorized rerelease) is a major omission.

I'm not sure I'd call it a wish, but I'm sure readers are disappointed at times when they open the Game Boy section and don't see a review for one of the more popular Zelda entries. Probably one of the most glaring omissions here, since so many highlights from every major console and handheld have seen coverage at this site.

I suppose I'd nominate Top Gear for the Super Nintendo. Not only do I love the game myself, but I believe based off reviews for games like Outrun that the Critic would enjoy this sprite scaling arcade style console racer. I personally consider it the pinnacle of sprite scaling pseudo 3D racers across all platforms, even above something like arcade Outrun.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 16th, 2018, 10:00 am

Might I suggest Adventure Island for the Game Boy? It's not a direct port of the NES version; it blends elements from AI 1&2.

Return to “Video Games General”