The worst games you have played on each system

General and high profile video game topics.
GameOfThrones

The worst games you have played on each system

Postby GameOfThrones » February 8th, 2018, 12:56 am

If we are talking about the best games we must talk about the worst. The games everyone loves and you hate. Rock zombies and Z heroes. The real stinkers that just had you wondering why you bothered.
2600 Mousetrap. Woeful and short. I had played the coleco version and was like how come it is so much better.
Honourable mention Airlock.
Coleco. Cabbage Patch Kids. Too cute for me.

7800 Karateka the worst version of a great game. This game has largely been forgotten but it has a special place for us Atarians who love the shuffle shuffle death game play. Love to hate it that is.
Megadrive LA Swat. A great game in the arcades, a bad translation.

SNES Time cop. A boring platform game shoe horned into the license.

Ps1 Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. or Kiss Pinball 2 tables and no Kiss songs. Armorines was a pale version of the N64 game.
Ps2 The sniper 2. This game was bad. Boring and no fun to play.

Dreamcast Fighting force 2. All the cardinal sins of Video gaming are in this game. You have a machine for loads of energy (and you need it in this game) you go from one room to the next and that is it. You get no option of going back. Also worse still in the 3rd level one shot that does not hit an enemy will end the level in a nuclear blast.

Saturn Robotica dull FPS. Dull graphics and game play.

Jaguar None. It was the best system with the best games.

GameCube Die Hard. Why did they bother? The first fps I got on the game cube. It was dreadful. So bad I gave up after 5 goes.

xbox 360 Ride to retribution. A game so bad on every level. Or DArk Souls. Just a lamentable game. I know some like it but I do not. Tekken tag tournament 2. Fighting games are so lame and this one is the lamest of the lot. I would have preferred a classic like Kasumi Ninja.
Sonic the hedgehog. Most of the time the game plays itself and leaves you wondering why you bothered.

Ps3 Killzone 2. The game is atrocious looking. If you like going through mud like landscapes this is the one for you.

Xbone Rock zombie. DLC only/ Tries to be streets of rage and fails. Honourable mentions to Z heroes. Similar to streets of rage but very hard and streets of rage has better graphics. Super dungeon brothers, an atrocious attempt at Diabalo. The Deer god. A procedural generated platform game. So you never knew where you were jumping. Play it and you will be saying dear god a lot.
Steep. Just a dire snowboarding game. Also why is it online only?
Battleborn. A pathetic attempt at a humourless game by Gearbox. You play the same levels over and over and over. Boring. Also why is it online only?
Volgar, remember rastan saga? This is how to do it badly.
Tumblestone. All puzzle games were not created equal. This makes tetris 3d seem like it is a good game.

I hope you like my list.

matmico399

Re: The worst games you have played on each system

Postby matmico399 » February 8th, 2018, 10:35 am

2600-Karate
O2-Popeye
NES-Rambo
Genesis-Heavy Nova-remember it’s sold out due to high demand
Sega CD-Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
32x-Motocross-possibly one of the worst games ever
PS1-VIP with Pam Anderson-though it is hilarious
PS2-Outlaw Golf and all Outlaw Games
GC-Looney Tunes Back In Action
360-Killer Is Dead

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » February 8th, 2018, 10:51 am

I somehow managed to finish Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright on Nintendo 3DS but man, I really hated that game. It felt like a chore going through all that never-ending conversations. The Layton-part was just alright, not fantastic or anything.

Sut

Postby Sut » February 8th, 2018, 11:34 am

GameOfThrones wrote:Jaguar None. It was the best system with the best games

Ermm :lol:

ZX Spectrum: love it dearly but there are loads of crap games on it. Probably go for Final Fight shocking conversion that should never have been attempted.

Atari ST: Out Run - Our dear friends at US Gold butcher another arcade game.

Master System: Teddy Boy Blues
Just seems dull, irritating and pointless.

Mega Drive: Slaughter Sport
Worst controls of any game ever.

Mega CD: Nothing shocking I can recall playing

32x: Motocross
Agree with Matmico, truly awful

Saturn: 3D Lemmings
Way to kill a great franchise, a confusing mess.

PS2: I researched my games better by this point, can’t honestly recall playing a duffer

PS3: Pixeljunk Shooter
Got good reviews, doesn’t jive with me at all and I find it dull and overly difficult.

PS4: Again not played a duffer.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 8th, 2018, 2:41 pm

SNES: Mighty Max (I actually convinced myself I was having fun with this as a kid)

PS2: Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories (I love KH, but trying to mix a card game with real time combat in a 3D arena was a terrible idea)

PS3: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Good game on PS4, broken buggy mess on PS3. Can't believe they let them release this!)

PS4: Drawn To Death (It was one of the free PS+ games, and good thing too because FREE is still too expensive for this piece of crap)

Wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy (This'll get me some flack, but I honestly don't like the Prime games. They're boring, lonely, and clunky)

360: Halo: Remastered (Not really a bad game, but I couldn't get into it)

Wii U: Mario 3D World (Slower paced than a 2D Mario game but lacking the freedom of a true 3D one, what's left to enjoy? Nothing)

ESauce

Postby ESauce » February 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Geeze DaHeckIzDat, you must not play many bad games to have three fantastic games in your list. I just have one mention because it is in recent memory:

Game Gear - Taz in Escape from Mars. This game actually gave me a splitting headache because the framerate is basically a strobe light.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » February 8th, 2018, 4:52 pm

This is actually much more difficult than listing the best games - I usually either avoid the bad games or forget about them as soon as I finish playing them. If I don't list a system, I may not have played enough games to come across a bad one.

NES: Anything game by Color Dreams - This company released a never-ending stream of cheap garbage; if I had to pick one I'd probably go with Raid 2020

Gameboy: The Castlevania Adventure - Brutally difficult because of your character's choppy movements and the fact that you lose your powered-up whip whenever you get hit. There may be worse games on the system but the Castlevania pedigree makes this more disappointing

Genesis: Beast Wrestler - Amazing box art and a cool premise, but boring and awkward to play

SNES: Super Godzilla - The NES Godzilla games were no great shakes but this is somehow even less fun

PS1: Battle Arena Toshinden - The worst I can remember playing; with Soul Blade and Tekken 3 available there was literally no reason to ever take it out of it's case

Dreamcast: Ready 2 Rumble - It's fun at first, but once you realize how unbalanced the fighters are it becomes a chore

PS2: State of Emergency - Chaotic and directionless in the worst way

PS3: Wet - The grindhouse aesthetic becomes tiresome after a while - not unplayable, but indistinguished

360: Ride to Hell: Retribution - I'm cheating here (never actually played it, just watched it being played) but this game deserves it

Wii: Hannah Montana: The Game - Licensed games (especially based on children's media) are usually bad, but I've never played one this cynical or soul-crushing before

GameOfThrones wrote:Tekken tag tournament 2. Fighting games are so lame and this one is the lamest of the lot.

Fighting games let you pit an undead opera-singer with a talking bone-dragon living inside her head against a cyborg whose body is composed of an orchestra's worth of automated musical instruments - your argument is invalid.

GameOfThrones wrote:Jaguar None. It was the best system with the best games.

114.gif
114.gif (92.12 KiB) Viewed 2083 times

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » February 8th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Atari 2600: Pacman
Intellivision: I actually haven't played any bad games for this system
Atari 5200: Same
NES: Bible Adventures
Genesis: Sub Terrania
Super Nintendo: Jurassic Park
Jaguar: Cybermorph (and too many others to mention)
PS1: Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
N64: Superman
PS2: The Guy Game
Gamecube: I pretty much only played one game on this system - PSO
Xbox: Fusion Frenzy
Xbox 360: Didn't play enough games on this system
PS3: MAGUS! I actually got addicted to collecting trophies in this game. Still, one of the worst pieces of trash to release on any console. In the same league as Action 52.
Xbox One: Murdered: Soul Suspect
PS4: Watch Dogs

scotland

Postby scotland » February 8th, 2018, 7:41 pm

ptdebate wrote:Atari 2600: Pacman

The Atari 2600 Pac Man was the most disappointing game on the system for me. Yes, there are far worse games, but I really went into Pac Man expecting "Pac Man", with four different colored ghosts and everything that arcade Pac Man has. We know the system could have handled a much better game than we got.

ptdebate wrote: Super Nintendo: Jurassic Park

I'm glad you said that. I really don't like that game. It might be that Pac Man thing again. I loved the movie, and this game just really disappointed me.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » February 8th, 2018, 8:15 pm

scotland wrote:
ptdebate wrote:Atari 2600: Pacman

The Atari 2600 Pac Man was the most disappointing game on the system for me. Yes, there are far worse games, but I really went into Pac Man expecting "Pac Man", with four different colored ghosts and everything that arcade Pac Man has. We know the system could have handled a much better game than we got.

Yes 100%. If I'm not mistaken, the rushed development deadline was to blame more than the programmer.
Anyway, Ms. Pac Man was proof that a competent Pac Man was absolutely possible on the 2600.

Return to “Video Games General”