Secret of Mana: Original or PS4?

General and high profile video game topics.
Retro STrife

Re: Secret of Mana: Original or PS4?

Postby Retro STrife » March 11th, 2018, 12:24 am

Based on ptdebate's assessment of the new one being garbage, then I would also highly recommend using the SNES Classic to play the original. It's a well-done product with tons of triple-A games on it. I was lucky to find mine at Gamestop, but even if you go on ebay, the prices are still reasonable enough to make it worth it.

Some other classic RPGs are on there too, including Final Fantasy VI (aka, FF III), Earthbound, and Super Mario RPG. While Secret of Mana is known to be very good, you might even consider Final Fantasy VI over that. Many people consider it the best Final Fantasy, and some even consider it the best RPG ever.

Rev

Postby Rev » March 20th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Atariboy wrote:Surprised nobody posted the Digital Foundry video comparing the original and the remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MeuyPm ... bU9cND7U-A

Thanks for posting this. I watched this as well. I am surprised they went with these ugly graphics... The game could have looked gorgeous in HD with 2D sprites. The graphics are pretty much a huge turn off to me unfortunately.

Apparently don't get the Vita version due to frame drops.

GTS

Postby GTS » March 20th, 2018, 9:54 pm

I'll just add, watch out for counterfeits and reproductions if you buy the original cart.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 21st, 2018, 9:21 am

Are you planning to review the game, Critic? If so, maybe I’ll do the sequel...

BTW, prepare to have this game’s music stuck in your head for all eternity.

Return to “Video Games General”