"Wait, wrong game."

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

"Wait, wrong game."

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 22nd, 2018, 6:15 pm

Have you ever binged on one game for a while, and then when you played a different game you realized you were trying to play it like the other game? I can think of two times it's happened to me.

I played through Breath of the Wild, and then immediately went to Horizon Zero Dawn. I can't tell you how many times I just ran Aloy straight into a wall and then wondered why she wouldn't climb it.

I also played a lot of Dark Souls, and then went to play Twilight Princess HD, and it took me longer than I care to admit to stop dodging every attack and shield strafing the normal enemies.

CharlieR

Re: "Wait, wrong game."

Postby CharlieR » March 22nd, 2018, 11:15 pm

I play so much tony hawk 4/underground/American wasteland that I try to do the flatland tricks in the manuals in tony hawk 3. Those weren’t introduced until thps 4.

I was watching my cousin play breath of the wild and was marking spots on the map. I played Mario odyssey and was looking through the binoculars and said “let me mark that on the map.”

Herschie

Re: "Wait, wrong game."

Postby Herschie » March 23rd, 2018, 1:54 pm

This actually dawned on me when I was facing a Hinox in Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past. Before playing Call of Duty, they were a huge hassle, because they'd take out two hearts, and took a million hits to kill. I'd always try to face them head-on.

But now I like to sneak up and flank them. That's much more effective, and I rarely get hit. Also, I use the hammer instead of the sword, just like in some maps I like the Volksturmgewehr, and others I prefer the shotgun or MG15.

Then in the Swamp Palace, I noticed I did things differently. I was moving, trying to stay by cover, and learning to stay out of the line of fire of the Yomo Medusa (Those things that shoot fireballs).

Also, Doom, never played it much, but I did a few weeks ago on my N64. Did surprisingly well, because now I know how to play these types of games.

I do World War two reenacting as a hobby, and I'm excited to see how I do in our next tactical event.

Return to “Video Games General”