The Worst Fighting Game Ever Is Back..?

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

The Worst Fighting Game Ever Is Back..?

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » April 24th, 2018, 9:14 am

I don't know if it is, Many say that Shaq Fu for the Genesis/Super Nintendo is the worst fighting game ever made and that the website ShaqFu.com is dedicated to destroying every single copy of the game while saveshaqfu.com is the website for saving carts of the game.. 20 years ago I though it was the worst game in the fighting genre but Fighter Within on Xbox One changed my mind on that.

(I know, It's old new), Apparently Shaq Fu:A Legend Reborn is to be released on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and the Xbox One on the 5th of June 2018.. Much like with Bubsy's return many were either in disbelief or disgust, You should've seen the meltdown on Shaqfu.com they claimed that they were being "assaulted".. Them drama queens.

Now I have watched the PAX trailer for the game, It doesn't exactly scream "Amazing" or "Best game ever" but It does look better than the original game and unlike the previous said game this one is not a shitty one-on-one fighting game in the most part but an side scrolling dungeon style fighting game, Thankfully these one-on-one fights in this game don't take all day to play against. Is this game, The sequel to what many call the worst fighting ever worthy of a second chance.. Like Bubsy? :idea: :idea:

pacman000

Re: The Worst Fighting Game Ever Is Back..?

Postby pacman000 » April 24th, 2018, 9:44 am

Is Shaq Fu worse than Karate on the 2600? http://atariage.com/software_page.html? ... abelID=259

How about RCA's Swordfight arcade game, based on the same hardware which powered the Studio II?

Fight for Life on the Jaguar?

That game where you were a pre-rendered robot?

Never played any of these games; I'm sure they're all bad, but I don't know if anyone's done a run through of worst fighters to see which is really the worst.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » April 24th, 2018, 11:22 am

pacman000 wrote:Is Shaq Fu worse than Karate on the 2600? http://atariage.com/software_page.html? ... abelID=259

How about RCA's Swordfight arcade game, based on the same hardware which powered the Studio II?

Fight for Life on the Jaguar?

That game where you were a pre-rendered robot?

Never played any of these games; I'm sure they're all bad, but I don't know if anyone's done a run through of worst fighters to see which is really the worst.

Interestingly, Swords still looks way better than anything that was released for the Studio II. At least it looks like they tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbSNnIyc1K4

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 25th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Wow Critcom is getting a new release, the ps1 shocker.

Wait a minute War gods are being brought back from the dead? Not to be outdone the N64 had this classic.

Karateka is getting hd graphics but still playing like everyone on here fave 7800 game?

No Rise of the robots is back, the worst fight game ever (though I did not play fight for life on the Jag).

Wait the Celeco cutlass controller is getting released for a new generation with Rocky?

Fight night is getting a redux from the atari 800xl?

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » April 26th, 2018, 6:59 am

Actually, Karateka is supposed to be a good game... on home computers.

Jack Tramiel probably should've given the folks who ported it more than $18,000. You get what you pay for, right?

RCA's Swords does look kinda fun. Might be worth a few minutes to try out.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 27th, 2018, 6:56 am

pacman000 wrote:Actually, Karateka is supposed to be a good game... on home computers.

Jack Tramiel probably should've given the folks who ported it more than $18,000. You get what you pay for, right?

RCA's Swords does look kinda fun. Might be worth a few minutes to try out.

On the 7800 it is shuffle shuffle die. Though I did watch someone beat it on You tube and was amazed that it only lasted 10 minutes as a game.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » April 30th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Could be worse, I suppose. There could be somebody out there working on remakes for Rise of the Robots or Karate Champ. Which to me, are two of the worst one on one fighting games ever...

djc

Postby djc » May 1st, 2018, 12:10 am

Fight For Life is not terrible on the Jaguar. It's on par with other early 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter. It's just boring more than anything else.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » May 1st, 2018, 12:15 am

Shaq Fu isn't that bad, especially on the Genesis (the SNES version is definitely worse, though at least it's also shorter). The concept is silly and the gameplay is laggy, but at least some effort clearly went into it and the music is decent.

There are tons of fighting games that are far worse, like Shadow: War of Succession on the 3DO, a cynical piece of trash that's beyond redemption. It makes Shaq Fu look like a paragon of elegant design by comparison.

Return to “Video Games General”