my wild guess for new smash bros characters

General and high profile video game topics.
wur

my wild guess for new smash bros characters

Postby wur » May 10th, 2018, 11:24 am

Around 4 years ago, I made a wild guess on this board that Ryu would appear in Smash 4.

I'm going to make a new unlikely out there guess: one well-known third party Western FPS character will be featured-most likely the Doom Marine, Gordon Freeman, or, yes, Master Chief. Doom is already ported so the marine could make it. It's plausible to me that Valve may start supporting the Switch, and MS may re-release some old or second-tier Halo game on the Switch--they were advocating cross network play between X1/Switch and it's remotely plausible they'll release a Halo game as an olive branch.

I'll admit I'm probably wrong, so that's why it's a wild guess. :-]

BTW, I rarely log in these days (used to use this board a lot about 10 years ago). I got a Switch about a week ago and got SMO, Zelda and Doom. What else should I get?

[If anyone is still around who remembers me: yes I finished my PhD finally some time ago and I've mostly been working remotely over the internet and travelling. going to istanbul next week, was in doha and yerevan. so the Switch serves my lifestyle perfectly.
]

velcrozombie

Re: my wild guess for new smash bros characters

Postby velcrozombie » May 10th, 2018, 2:10 pm

I don't know if the series is popular enough for her to get in or not, but I think Shantae would be a great choice. The colorful, simplified art style fits with the Nintendo aesthetic and would help her stand out in busier stages, the mix of magic and animal transformations give her a unique power-set and she has a history with Nintendo (beyond the more recent releases both physical and digital, the first Shantae game was on the Gameboy Color). Shovel Knight would also be cool.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 10th, 2018, 3:01 pm

Welcome back wur.

How about a slime from Dragon Warrior? It seems like Dragon Quest has been popular on Nintendo lately.

wur

Postby wur » May 11th, 2018, 5:20 pm

I think the more likely guess for an MS character over Master Chief is the Minecraft Guy... that would probably be a better bet to attract more Nintendo type fans... the Doom marine is probably the most iconic of those three, and has a long history of appearing in Nintendo ports, and Half-Life is basically dead as a series, so I'd bet on that if anything. (Solid Snake has already appeared though, who represented the sort of third/first person shooter genre in the past for Smash, so they might just get him back in to represent the genre.)

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » May 12th, 2018, 11:12 am

I can already guess who WON'T be in the new Smash Brothers game:Pretty much Pac-Man, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena,
Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Ryu, Corrin, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Mewtwo. Nintendo only put those characters in I think because many wanted Smash 4 to expand out from the 1rst party and 2nd party to the 3rd party in a whole new way.. A way that most Melee players and Brawl players didn't like.

IF and I say IF the Inklings are new characters to play as, It will be interesting to see what happens when June comes around and the Smash event at E3 occurs.. I'm pretty sure the internet will explode that day. :twisted: :twisted:

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 13th, 2018, 1:04 pm

How about Shovel Knight?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 13th, 2018, 2:23 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:How about Shovel Knight?

Perfect!

wur

Postby wur » May 22nd, 2018, 12:14 pm

I'm going to make a slightly more realistic guess than the FPS characters:

I think Wreck-It Ralph will make it in.

Return to “Video Games General”